“They have changed, for the better?”
Review of Acapulco's Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Acapulco's Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We've gone here many time and enjoyed it. They have changed the menu to be traditional "authentic" mexican. I showed up wanting a fajita fix myself and they're not even on the menu anymore. The server says they are no longer Tex-Mex... Im not cultural enough to realize fajitas aren't authentic.
It was good. I had an enchilada dish. I suppose it is an improvement. if you're looking for authentic, try it. I you want a a fajita fix, you'll have to go elsewhere.

1  Thank msmcm

Reviewed August 6, 2014

According to the server, this restaurant recently debuted a new menu. This was our first visit, so I don't know what the restaurant was like before, but tonight's visit was great.

We started with blue chips and salsa. The chips were crisp and delicious. They come with mild and medium red salsa, but there is also a hot salsa verde available. The pollo fundido ($15) was delicious. I'd already eaten some of it when I snapped the picture. The camerones tropical ($17) was nicely seasoned and tasty. The picture shows about half of the portion. Both dishes came with corn tortillas, rice, refried black beans. The banana dessert ($5) which we got to go was also delicious.

The service was prompt. The servers were gracious. In many local Mexican restaurants, it is impossible avoid having a distracting television in the line of sight, but it was possible to get a table where we didn't have to look at the television.

Dinner was very enjoyable. We'll look forward to another visit.

1  Thank Sewhappybjm
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This restaurant was very near my hotel and had some great and organic food! I would highly recommend this over any chain!

1  Thank busybody777
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Myself and My WONDERFUL Wife had a Great Experience from the time we walked in. If you are looking for a prepared in advance meal then this is not the place for you. The server recommended the fish tacos which was a lot of food and absolutely wonderful, my wife had the Poblano pepper enchiladas which was great also. We will be back again.

2  Thank jackson F
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant twice and each time it has been below average. The first time we waited an hour for food. We had to actually tell the waiter we had not received our meal. The second time was even worse. I ordered a Blue Lagoon Margarita. The waiter asked small, medium, or large. I ordered a medium. The waiter returned to the table to inform me that a medium would be $16. What?!?! I ordered the taco salad with shredded chicken. As I ate it I began to wonder if they had forgotten the chicken. There was about 1-2 oz. of chicken in the meal. The positives of this restaurant would be the friendly waiters and the guacamole, but it was not worth $50 for two people.