“Wont go again”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Except the restaurant location I didnt like anything. First, the service was very very slow and then the food.No taste! Sorry I was very disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Acapulco's Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I'm was in Greenville on a business trip and brought my wife and 3 year old with me. My wife is a Mexican food fanatic so when we saw that this restaurant was ranked number 15 out of 300 something restaurants in Greenville we figured why would we *not* go there. We arrived around noon on a Saturday, all the other restaurants in the area, including McDonald's were packed but the parking lot for this particular restaurant had more people in it for the UPS store next door than the actual restaurant. Upon entering I was hit with the sickeningly sweet aroma of bathroom air freshener, which I found odd not only because the bathrooms were at the back of the restaurant, but also because when I went to the bathroom they smelled like perfume, and actually much better than the smell in the rest of the building. I also found it odd that there was only 2 other groups of people in the restaurant; not something I'd expect from the best Mexican in town at lunch on a rainy Saturday. I assume the menu they gave us was a lunch menu; it had 2 lunch sections and a very small entree section, surely they would have more options at dinner. We had cheese dip as an appetizer, I ordered a steak taco salad, my wife got a beef burrito and flauta and my son got a hot dog. I wouldn't call the salsa here "salsa", I'd call it "tomato juice with basil" more than anything. We ordered only the plain white cheese dip instead of some of the specialties they had listed, so nothing special there, but I wasn't expecting it to be. They're pretty stingy with the amount of chips they give you at a time, but the waiter never let the basket get empty. Other than that, the food was just average. It's nothing I haven't had at any other Mexican restaurant. I assume they get the same Ben E. Keith truck that every other Mexican restaurant gets. The taco salad did have a good amount of steak, though not nearly as much steak as lettuce and beans. Long story short, it was just OK. there was nothing special about it one way or another, food was average, service was good -- but average for a Mexican restaurant, atmosphere was average (you stop noticing the bathroom freshener smell about 15 minutes in), and it was slightly pricey for my taste. Yeah, I got steak instead of plain beef, but 16 bucks for a small cheese dip, a taco salad and a drink seems a tad high.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I went back to Acapulco this past weekend to give it another try. It was our favorite Mexican and one of our favorite restaurants overall, but then we had some bad experience there. We decided to give a try again and we are glad we did. The food was fabulous and service was once again top notch. I have to say we actually went back on two separate occasions to make sure it was as good as before. Both times it was great. The salsa was freash and just spicy enough, not too over powering. I loved the Enchilada Rancheros and the Carnitas. My wife loved the Shrimp Tacos. Acapulco is our favorite Mexican and once again our go to restaurant. We highly recommend it!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I were in Greenville last weekend and tried Acapulco's for the first time. The food was great and the service was very friendly. We will definitely stop in again the next time were are back in Greenville.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Originally I thought this was a great Mexican restaurant, even one of the best in Greenville. But something has changed. Maybe it is new management. The food has not been as good. The salsa was great before now it is watery and not as tasty. We were very disappointed. This was our go to Mexican. Not anymore. The Chimichanga was soggy, the rice had no flavor and the guacamole was tasteless. Very disappointing.