“I Love Red Bowl Asian Fusion!”
Review of Red Bowl Bistro

Red Bowl Bistro
Ranked #214 of 930 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Their happy hour is from 3-630pm everyday wherein all Sushis are half price from Mon-Sun. Kids eat free on Saturdays. Their Pad Thai is my husband's favorite. He often orders this while I enjoy a variety of Sushis. My only complain would be that they don't seem to have enough waiters during their Happy Hour. Our waitress did her best to accommodate us although they were shorthanded. I'm becoming a regular at this place.

1  Thank yokohamamama
There are newer reviews for Red Bowl Bistro

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Did not visit this location for a while because of a less than impressive lunch experience a little while back. Had dinner with my wife and was surprised with a great experiences. Had the double pan fried seafood noodles and they were more authentic than some local "Chinese" restaurant. Could use a little more sauce/gravy to enhance the noodles though. She ordered the Pad Thai and it was better than some other so called Thai restaurant. The selection was very good, and price was more than reasonable. The service was also good too.

1  Thank Bernard L
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Had eaten here before for lunch and thought it was OK. Just had dinner for 2 and it was terrible.

Ordered 2 starters, shrimp tempura and a speciality roll, and then 2 entrees. In less than 5 minutes our entrees were served. When I asked about our starters, the waiter said that was how this came out of the kitchen. Tempura came halfway through my entree and my wife's roll came as she was finishing. Tempura was hot, the only good thing I can say about it. Very Greasy and not light as good tempura should be. Overall, due to timing, terrible service and coordination with kitchen.

As far as food, it was mediocre. Mongolian beef was just OK as was General Tso's chicken. You can get much better food at many Chinese restaurants.

Bottom line, if you are thinking about the Red Bowl, pause and then go to Lieus Bistro. Lieu's has far superior service and quality of food than this
pretender.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Ok. So we went one more time. My wife gets the same thing each time - sesame chicken and fried egg rolls - and likes it. I keep experimenting in an attempt to find something that tastes somewhat like Asian food should taste - or at least tastes good. I tried green curry with shrimp and brown rice. Horrible.. Had so much sauce that it was more like soup. Shrimp were mushy and obviously thawed very quickly. Never, ever again will I go to this place. Today I have the Asian version of Montezuma's revenge.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

My wife loves this place...I can't stand it. The Red Bowl is to Asian food as a Tex-Mex place is to a real Mexican restaurant. The flavors are not there. My wife always gets sesame chicken and fried rice. They have sushi and various Chinese and Thai types of dishes. Lunch is cheap - that's probably the best thing I can say about it.