“Worth a visit”

Red Bowl Bistro
Ranked #214 of 930 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I didn't like the layout of the restaurant, didn't feel cozy like most upscale Chinese restaurants do. The restaurant was also VERY chilly, so I had to walk to the car and get my jacket. This was surprising to me b/c I'm not a cold-natured person usually.
I was impressed by the huge menu they offer. I ordered the "Royal Dish" which reminds me of what most places call "Happy Family". It was great.
I ordered my daughter a side of lo mein, and it was good too. I ordered the "Crazy Roll" sushi and it was great!!

2  Thank shanvaughn
There are newer reviews for Red Bowl Bistro

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Was able to get right in on a Wednesday at lunch time... usually they are pretty busy! The service was nice and prompt. Got the simple pepper-steak from the lunch menu and it was awesome! Almost too much food! Very good, quick lunch. I'll go back again!!!

2  Thank Steve N
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We had a pleasant dining experience at the Red Bowl Asian Bistro. The restaurant is lovely. However, we were seated in the bar area with its distracting televisions. If we return, I'll request to be seated in the main restaurant area.

We started with chicken lettuce wraps as well as tofu lettuce wraps ($6.50 each). Both versions were tasty. The sweet and sour sauce served on the side added just the right touch.

The food looked beautiful when it came to the table. The Vegetarian Paradise ($11.95) had the most beautiful presentation. The tofu was sliced thinly and had a flavorful sauce. It came with sugar snap peas, steamed rice, and stir fried vegetables. The Steamed Chicken with fresh veggies ($10.95) was a little bland, but the dipping sauce added just the right amount of flavor. The Chicken Fried Rice ($8.95) was tasty, but the chicken and eggs were not chopped as small as expected. The Broccoli Beef ($11.95) was wonderful.

We finished off with a serving of fried ice cream ($5.95). The serving size seemed a bit small, but maybe that was because so many people were sharing.

Our server was doing double duty as the bartender, but our service was satisfactory.

1  Thank Sewhappybjm
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The atmosphere is lovely, but not many interesting menu options other than the sushi bar. The "sea of love" specialty was supposed to include calamari, shrimp and scallops. I searched for even 1 calamari, and finding none, asked the server if the wrong dish had been prepared. The explanation given was that they had run out of calamari. No offer to fix something else, nothing... pretty poor service attitude. This is on my short list of "do not go back" restaurants

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Just recently discovered Red Bowl Bistro, 27 S Pleasantburg Dr. #30, Greenville, SC.... this place rocks. Food quality, serving sizes, atmosphere, it has it ALL, and the price is unreal, so affordable. The decor is beautiful~!! I just LOVE IT~!!!!!