“Excellent Choice for Brunch or Dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Brick Street Cafe

Brick Street Cafe
Ranked #62 of 900 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
South Carolina
“Excellent Choice for Brunch or Dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Normally most people think of Brick Street for lunch or brunch and no lie, that is an excellent choice. However, they are also open for dinner on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and we tried that last weekend. It did not dissapoint! I had the steak with garlic mashed potatoes and my husband did the fried shrimp which he said were the best he ever had. Everything was fresh and delicious. The owner sang with a great jazz band that was hysterical and added fun and whimsy to the meal. Being 9 months pregnant I could not enjoy the libations like my hubby, but the band and food were awesome! We will definately be back for dinner! OH! And the pineapple cake was TO DIE FOR! Light, delicious, I could eat that every day of the week! Thanks for a great meal!

• Visited January 2013

Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States
“why do people like the place?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

There is NO Parking spaces. It is LOUD , too loud to even carry on a normal conversation. The wait staff is rude and slow , and the food is average and overpriced for what you get. The only good quality was the dessert and frankly you can get just a good desert at a bakery anywhere.

I just don't get this place why all the buzz??

2 Thank Dianna R
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Unique in a city with many copies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

We went to Brick Street Cafe twice in a month period. We enjoy restaurants that offer both very good fare and unique settings. This restaurant offers both. The first time we visited we ordered shrimp and grits (which we considered a safe option) and the second time we ordered encrusted halibut. I would say that in both both instances we were pleasantly surprised. The setting of the restaurant is laid back but not so much that a person could not feel out of place to be dressed up. The wait staff is pleasant and attentive. Our only discomfort was over the hard seat wooden chairs and a small table that caused us to have to juggle dishes. Despite the table and chairs the dining was a good experience.

McLean, Virginia, United States
“A big surprise off the beaten path”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

During a recent visit to Greenville, we found the Brick Street Cafe in a not so obvious location. It is next to a realtor's office in a section of town that is not likely to be found by a casual tourist. Since we had been looking at property and it was lunchtime, we decided to try it, and were we glad we did! I had what was probably the best chicken salad I have ever eaten combined with a plate of very nice fruit. It also came with a "love muffin" which I was too full to eat, but which came in very handy later in the evening. Delicious. My husband ordered the Po' Boy and claimed it was the best he had ever had. The service was very good, the atmosphere charming, and from the appearance of the desserts, could probably pass for a Mecca for those with a sweet tooth. Just an excellent find, and we certainly will return the next time we are back in town.

Greenville, South Carolina
“Awesome desserts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

One of the best places in greenville - the desserts are great - and if you do not have room - take it to go ...Ms Sue is nearly always there -

Good salads and nicer sandwiches - make this cozy location -feel like a destination -- I have been there ~7 times and never disappointed in the food. And delighted by he desserts - I love their German Chocolate cake

Visited October 2012