“The Special was indeed Special.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Runway Cafe
Ranked #215 of 900 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Come in and enjoy watching planes takeoff and land while eating delicious fresh food at a reasonable price. Reserve our 3000 square foot hangar for your next party or function. We do kids birthday parties and have a playground next door.
Seneca, South Carolina, United States
“The Special was indeed Special.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I am going to give this 2 because of the fact that I did like that we could sit outside. However, the food which was 7.99 considering that most on the menu were just that too, was very disappointing. Their special of Country Fried Steak, potatoes, and vegetable Medley was sadly disappointing.

The country fried steak was extremely dried. The gravy was to thick and spread over everything. The potatoes tasted like they were instant. You could put them on your fork and tip it upside to show how thick they were. The only "doggie" bag that we took home was the one that my youngest son had gotten the Chicken tenders. The fries he did not like saying that the tasted funny. (I tried one and tasted like it had been done in burnt oil.)

I had never been there before and I am greatly disappointed in the whole experience. It will be a long time before I ever go back there and that is if I do decide to take a 2nd chance.

For the cost of about 9 dollars per person (highest meal was 10.99) I would recommend to go to someplace you know you are going to get phenomenal food.

Visited July 2013

Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States
“Wonderful for all ages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I gave my 8 year old grandson his choice of restaurants in Greenville. He chose The Runway Café. He had been there on a homeschool field trip. We took the whole family, 5 children and 7 adults. The children really enjoyed watching the planes and playing on the neat playground. We all enjoyed our meal, and it didn't break the bank. The service was great. Our waitress was awesome. I highly recommend the Runway Café.

• Visited July 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great Experience! Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

My daughter & I stumbled across the Runway Cafe a couple of years ago after the car show at the TD Center. Awesome food, service, park area (developing) and views! I've gone back many times with the family, and for business lunches. All told, probably the best dining "experience" in Greenville.

• Visited April 2012
michael b, Owner at Runway Cafe, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words! I am very glad that you have enjoyed our restaurant on multiple occasions and hope that you will continue to have great experiences every time you visit. Keep an eye on the park and playground, it shouldn't be too much longer now :-)
Houston
“Thank God I found this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I actually came in right when they were closing, but they still served me anyhow. I ordered a sweet tea and the $100 hamburger with sweet potato fries, and couldn't have been happier. The food was great, the airplanes were great, and thank God I found this place!!

1 Thank Jaywid
Vermont
“great fun whenever we've stopped”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have dined here a few times with our granddaughters and parents. The staff is very kid friendly as is the menu.

We stopped by recently to eat outside when back home (far away to the north) things were in the deep freeze.

Kid friendly menu includes chicken strips and fries. Burgers for the older crowd. That day they had a special turkey burger with jalapenos and bacon that was the best turkey burger I've ever had. Maybe it was the bacon?

Anyway, good food, friendly staff, and you and the grandkids get to watch planes take off and land.

Enjoy.