“A Family Favorite”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Positives: The tableside guacamole, it was great and such a treat! I love watching them make it fresh! The rice and beans were great! The atmosphere was great, active and noisy! Our grandchildren love eating here. The service was efficient.
Negatives: We had the fish tacos, the fish was thin and tasteless. We'll try something else next time. The salsa on the bar was rather bland.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

What an awful experience we had at Papa’s n Beer today!! We usually enjoy going there but our experience today has changed that and we will not be going back. We went out to celebrate my son’s 16th birthday and that was a fail. We ordered 4 items. A taco plate to be split between our 4 and 6 year olds, a burrito for my 16 year old, and enchilada plate for my husband and a shrimp cocktail for myself. I don’t know about you guys but I’m used to getting served all our meals at the same time or at least relatively soon after; I think I’m pretty understanding considering I’ve worked in the food service before. However, today was a bit different. The first meals to come out were my son and daughters shared taco plate and my husband’s enchilada plate. About 2-3 minutes later my 16 year olds plate came out. The family was waiting for my meal to come out so we could pray and then all start to eat but after 5 minutes I gave up and prayed for our meal and told my family to start to eat. Well by this time my husband chose to wait for my meal to come out so he could eat with me and his food was already cold so he asked to have his plate sent back to get warned up until mine was ready. This was ok until I was still waiting for my meal 10 minutes later! I went ahead and asked the waitress by this time that I’d like to talk to a manager. And although I asked for a manager I wasn’t expecting to get this discounted or anything other than to let him know that this shouldn’t be happening. After a few more minutes and no manager I got the attention of the waitress again to ask her if he was coming. She replied that he was busy but would be coming out. By this time my appetite is gone because I’m starting to get real upset. I could no longer take that what we had to say was just not important enough for the manager to come out that I tell the waitress (who is holding her composure to some not so happy people) to give me a box for my cocktail. We get up to leave and go pay for our meal and told her to just take off the cocktail I no longer wanted it. The waitress tells us not to worry that it was going to be taken off our ticket and to go ahead and take it. I told her thank you but no thank you. That isn’t what I wanted!! It was just the fact that a manager was too busy for his customers. The waitress nicely took off the cocktail and informed us that the enchilada plate would be discounted. I said that was fine but that’s not what I wanted. Anyway, we didn’t get to celebrate with the drumming and singing that they do for your birthday. We definitely will not be going back. And suggest to anyone who wants good customer service to NOT go to Papa’s N Beer in Greenville, SC!!! A Big thanks for nothing to the manager of the night Frank Gomez!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Food was good. Ingredients very fresh. Service fast. Very loud, hard to have a conversation. Very busy. But got a seat very fast. In and out in 30minutes.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

When it comes to great chips and salsa and great lunch options this place has got it!!!! The salsa brought to your table with chips is a bean and cheese based and it is off the charts! The food here is very good. Fun atmosphere and there always seems to be seating though the place stays very busy. Great all around option on Haywood Road.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

One of my favorite mexican restaurants. Been to the Anderson location several times - first time at this one. Menu is the same. It gets really busy about 5:30ish. Be sure to order the fresh made guacamole where they make it by hand right at your table. Fajitas are great, but my favorite is the Yucatan Flautas with a fruit topping and seriously good hot dipping sauce. Be sure to try the sweet corn cakes, too. The salsa bar has a great variety of flavors - the pumpkin seed is my favorite. it doesn't taste or look like pumpkins though. It's a little noisy if you have a large group and wanting to have a conversation and catch up on old times, but otherwise a good atmosphere.