“Meh....”

Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We got a gift card from a friend for Bon Thai. My boyfriend and I both have full time jobs so we had gotten there a little over an hour before they closed. You would think that would be sufficient time right? Wrong. We were informed by our server when we sat down, our order had to be taken right then because they close promptly at 9. After we quickly ordered, the server never came back to the table until she brought the food. It was mediocre at best. We had appetizers, entrées and sushi and we're not really impressed with anything. The "meh" food may have been made better by friendly staff but she was rude. So so rude. I will never go back to that restaurant again. As one other patron said before, there are much better places to eat in Greenville and that DESERVE and APPRECIATE my business.

1  Thank Onebighashtag
There are newer reviews for Bon Thai

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here and were trilled with the whole experience! I was surprised to see all the negative reviews! The server was super friendly and our food arrived quickly. The portion sizes were generous. I had their Basil Gimlet to drink and it was amazing. My favorite sushi here is their Katsu Rolls which contain fried chicken, avocado, asparagus and a few other things. Very yummy! We will dine here again.

1  Thank holmes3strandcord
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We tried out Bon Thai a couple days ago and were pleased. When we arrived around 5:00, we were the only ones in the restaurant in addition to one other couple. The restaurant is clean, pleasantly decorated, and not nearly as cramped as some other Thai restaurants located in shopping strips.
My husband ordered a beef curry dish and I got green curry with chicken. He said he wouldn't get the beef again because it tasted like reheated meat, but otherwise we both really enjoyed our dishes. The spice level was wonderful and the flavors were perfect.
We love Thai food, have tried many different Thai restaurants, several of which we do not approve of, but this one is worthy of a repeat visit.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I have eaten there a few times, in general the food is quite good. On this occasion, we each ordered the seared tuna as an appetizer. It didn't taste right to me. Very fishy. My wife said it was bad. We told the waiter, who took it back. A short time later the manager (I assume, but not positive) came to our table and told us that she serves only the freshest tuna, "$15/pound" she says. Sorry, I really don't care how much she paid, it tasted bad. "You ordered it, so you have to pay for it". Really? You don't have to charge me, you choose to. So we ate our other two dishes, which were good, and order a third. I wasn't going to let her spoil an otherwise good meal.
However, this person was very rude and condescending, and I will never dine there again. There are plenty of good restaurants in Greenville, I don't need to go to one where I am insulted.
Ken

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Although hidden in a little strip mall in a suburban area, this restaurant is well designed with a great atmosphere. The service and food were great. I had the red curry chicken and a sushie appetizer...both were excellent.