“Exceptional”

Courtyard Greenville Downtown
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 15, 2014

On a normal day, many hotels are good, some are very good. When things go wrong, that's when a hotel shows it's true colors. I recently became sick while staying here and the staff was so kind and accommodating while I was 'down for the count'. Above and beyond. Many thanks!!!!

2  Thank Lynn H
GSMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Lynn H,

Thank you for your kind words. I am truly sorry that you were sick during your stay, but I am glad to hear that we were able to help care for you. We truly have outstanding employees and I thank you for helping to recognize them. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be further assistance.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

In addition to being a very well maintained and fairly new facility, this hotel is extremely convenient to everything downtown. Across the stree from the Peace Center, a block from Reedy River Walk, across from Soby's and short walk to the finest restaurants in Greenville and upstate.

We stay here a few times very year and believe this is the best bargain in Greenville.

Room Tip: Try Irwins restaurant downstairs and take a walk down Main St over the suspension bridge for spectac...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank c0de7777

Dear code7777,

Thank you for taking the time complete a review on Trip Advisor. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. The next time you are in Greenville I recommend a visit to Fluor Field to see the Greenville Drive play. The Drive is a Single A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox and the ballpark is quite nice.

Thank you again for your time. Please do not hesitate to conact me if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed here after a party downtown and to celebrate our anniversary. It was our second time here and has become our go-to place for a night away from home. Fantastic location and the room was very comfortably furnished. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard and downtown
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gogators8993

Dear gogators8993,

Thank you for reviewing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your time here in Greenville. We truly appreciate your comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be furher assistance.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I feel that this Marriott was not up to the standards I expected for the amount of money I paid. A grand total of $550. the room was $335 .00 Plus they $242.00 on my debit card for incidentals which I never use Nowadays no one needs that service I never even pick up the phone. Just another way they can scan you and get more money from I.e. $15 for parking every time you go in, from their parking deck when not work for low-budget films on a very tight budget so every penny counts. For one night stay is absolutely unacceptable and am filing a dispute of charges with my credit card company. Not only that the air-conditioner smell like fish when the room got hot I turned it on later during the night smell absolutely terrible. No answer at room service. I cannot recommend this hotel. I found the staff when I checked in to be very condescending because I just came from a other location shoot and had been working, to Grenville to do a location scout for other productions. so I was not dressed like their typical guest.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here you better have a deep pockets .
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Dear movieScout,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community and for speaking with me regarding the issues you experienced during your most recent stay with us. I appreciate your feedback and further clarification! We value your business and I am glad that we were able to make amends and resolve these issues for you. I apologize once again for any inconvenience experienced during your visit; please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance!

Sarah Sullivan
Guest Service Manager
864-451-5703

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had such a great experience choosing the Courtyard Marriott for our friends and family to stay during our Wedding weekend!! Such a clean, friendly, convenient and helpful hotel! I worked directly with Daniel Locke who was always attentive and available if I needed him - which is GREAT for any Bride!

I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family who are asking for a great place to stay in Greenville, SC!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kaitlin J
GSMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Kaitlin J,

Congratulations to the newlyweds! Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown to host your wedding guests. I am very happy to hear that things went well for you and your guests. I also appreciate the time you took to review our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Best wishes to you and your spouse!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Greenville will be pleasant surprise if you haven't visited there yet. And the Courtyard was an attractive property perfectly located and in walking distance to many great bistros, beer gardens, coffee shops, art displays, and local attractions like Reedy River Falls.

The people working in the hotel were efficient and unfailingly helpful.

The Rick Erwin Restaurant attached was excellent! It was not cheap but afforded a wonderful special evening and every thing we ate was perfectly cooked and served.

I look forward to returning. You will too

Dear JB,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard Greenville Downtown. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your time here. We appreciate your business. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

General Manger

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I have reserved both guest rooms and meeting space at this location several times, and the staff could not have been more courteous or professional. The facilities and location make the multi-day meetings I host very easy, and the flexibility of the staff with regard to catering and set up make choosing this hotel very easy. Beth Harris, Director of Sales, deserves specific recognition for her efforts to make sure our event ran smoothly and without problem. Looking forward to our fourth consecutive meeting there later this year.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
GSMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Shane L,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard Greenville Downtown. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance.