“Glad we gave them another chance!”

Courtyard Greenville Downtown
Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lenoir City, TN
“Glad we gave them another chance!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We wrote an earlier review regarding our stay in this hotel over New Year's. After a response from the hotel inviting us back we gave them another chance - 4 months later. What a difference! Everything about the hotel was perfect: the staff, the cleanliness of the entire hotel, the facilities. No complaint whatsoever.

I've often said that things happen; it's how the provider addresses the problems. This hotel came through in all the important ways. We'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the courtyard green space are quiet with a pleasant view.
1 Thank Kelly F
GSMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Kelly F,

Thank you for giving us another chance! I am so gald that you had an enjoyable stay. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of further assistance.

Warm Regards,

Glen C. Williams
Regional Director of Operations
glen.williams@marriott.com
864-451-5700

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I've been traveling to Greenville on business for years. This hotel is by far the best around. Clean, friendly staff, and roomy. Nantucket's in the lobby just adds to the pleasure of this hotel. My only issue is the Starbuck's staff has difficutly managing the crowd in the morning.

Room Tip: Always check to see if they have placed you in the Handicapped Room at first. Other than that all th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear WillEBgood,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! Your kind comments and returning business are greatly appreciated! I am happy you find our accommodations comfortable and our staff friendly and welcoming. Nantucket is an excellent restaurant and I’m glad you enjoy it! It certainly is a bonus that it is in such a convenient location right here in our lobby- we are fortunate to share the space with such a quality establishment. I apologize if you’ve experienced any difficulty with our Bistro in the morning; if you ever need any additional assistance, please always feel free to see the Front Desk if we can help you in any way. We are here to serve!

Thank you again for your review! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Excellent hotel with beautifully appointed rooms and cosmopolitan lobby. The staff is as friendly and as helpful as they could possibly be. The location is just across the street from the Peace Center and has garage parking adjacent to the hotel.

Room Tip: We faced the courtyard and it was quiet and at the end of a hallway.
Dear Pickyeater28732,

Thank you for your review! I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and amenities. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your room, our lobby, and our staff, as well. We do our best to make enjoying Downtown as easy as possible! Remember- the Peace Center still has some great shows to finish off the season: The Phantom of the Opera in May and Evita in June- I hope you will have the opportunity to come back and see them!

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance with reservations in the future. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed in historic hotel around the corner. Don't get me wrong, it is classy, full of retro ambiance, and rooms nice. Okay, but this Courtyard is doing it right as well. Hotel is modern, extremely clean, staff is always at your disposal. I found that they would go beyond just accommodating and attending, but anticipating my needs.
Location cannot be beat. Right in the heart of things, Peace Center, Falls Park, dining, short walk to ballpark. No tub in our room...so what. Room was better than fine. Front desk extraordinary. Parking deck attached. Didn't expect or ask for a few little comps, yet appreciated the little things they offered. On top of everything and look after the whole place. Security guard keeping an eye. Bar area and outdoor space upscale. Never felt like a mid-level place. Kudos all around. Have your biz trip &/or weekend right here. Greenville rocks, too.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Loyal2Cubs
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Loyal2Cubs,

Thank you for your kind review! We know you have options on where to stay in Downtown Greenville, and I want to thank you for choosing us! We work hard to be worthy of the praise we receive and it is always so rewarding to see our property and staff surpass our guests’ expectations. We are truly fortunate to be such a well-maintained property, still the newest in Downtown, in such a convenient location; but, it really is the commitment to exceptional service from our dedicated staff that puts us over the top. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your compliments- I will happily pass them along to the rest of our team.

Thank you again for your feedback! If I can be of any assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me. I hope we will see you again soon!

Jacksonville
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have been working on a project in Greenville for about the last year, and I have been staying at this hotel regularly and logged many nights here. The hotel is clean and very conveniently located in downtown Greenville. What made this place special to me is the staff at the Courtyard. All of the workers went out of their way to call me by name, and they always went out of their way to make me feel at home.

Today is my last day at the hotel and I will really miss this place. If you are in Greenville and want a great hotel where the staff goes out of their way to give you good service, please stay here!

Room Tip: All rooms are great. A view of the courtyard faces Main Street and this is my favorite view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Scott H,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. We’ve loved having you and hate to see you go! It has been our pleasure to be your “home away from home” during your time in Greenville and I am so happy to see that our team played such a big part in making you feel welcome and comfortable. We wish you all the best!

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance at all in the future. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and our property and hope we will see you again! From all our staff- Thank you and we wish you a very fond farewell!

Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Nice location the edge of Falls Park in downtown Greenville. Friendly employees. Bistro hours are far from ideal (closes for the day 10:30, even on the weekends). Comfy rooms with little windows that open, which was nice. Parking garage is connected to the hotel.

2 Thank gopoets
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear gopoets,

Thank you for your review! I am happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us Downtown. We are fortunate to be in such a great location with such a great staff! I apologize if the Bistro hours did not meet your needs, but we are always happy to help assist as best as possible. We have our lobby Market, several of our Front Desk Staff are able to make Starbucks specialty drinks after the Bistro closes, and there are a number of fantastic local restaurants and coffee shops within walking distance (many of which do a great Saturday and/or Sunday brunch as well!). Let us know the next time you are in the area and we would be happy to help you with recommendations and reservations.

Thank you again for your comments. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future. We hope to see you again!

McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I am a loyal Marriot guest and have to say this is the first time I have been so disappointed with a hotel. After trying for several minutes to connect to the Wi-fi so that I could complete work online that I had to travel to Greenville for I called the front desk because I was not having any success I was rudely brushed off saying "well there's nothing I can do because our internet is working just fine". Several minutes later it finally connected and was so slow I couldn't even complete my work. High internet speed?....yeah right! I might have been able to deal with the crappy internet service if the guy at front desk hasn't been so rude and unconcerned but he definitely ruined my experience.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Gsdfun
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Gsdfun,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I want to thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and apologize for any difficulty you experienced with our wi-fi or service during your stay. We did recently upgrade our internet services to improve our complimentary wi-fi as well as to include an enhanced high-speed option, and, as we have had a significant decrease in speed or connection issues since the upgrade, I would love to hear more about your experience so that we might improve the issue. Regarding the interaction with the staff member you detailed, please accept my apologies for any dissatisfactory behavior. We are in the business of taking great care of people and our expectations were not met in this instance. I thank you for bringing it to our attention, and assure you that the matter will be addressed departmentally. We set a high standard for service and want you to be comfortable, relaxed, and have all the tools you need to remain efficient and stress-free when you are in our care.

Thank you again for your feedback! Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your experience further or if I can be of any assistance at all. I hope we will have the opportunity to better serve you in the future.