“Marriott Courtyard across from Peace Center”

Courtyard Greenville Downtown
Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Asheville, North Carolina
“Marriott Courtyard across from Peace Center”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Excellent hotel with beautifully appointed rooms and cosmopolitan lobby. The staff is as friendly and as helpful as they could possibly be. The location is just across the street from the Peace Center and has garage parking adjacent to the hotel.

Room Tip: We faced the courtyard and it was quiet and at the end of a hallway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Pickyeater28732,

Thank you for your review! I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and amenities. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your room, our lobby, and our staff, as well. We do our best to make enjoying Downtown as easy as possible! Remember- the Peace Center still has some great shows to finish off the season: The Phantom of the Opera in May and Evita in June- I hope you will have the opportunity to come back and see them!

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance with reservations in the future. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

864-451-5703

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed in historic hotel around the corner. Don't get me wrong, it is classy, full of retro ambiance, and rooms nice. Okay, but this Courtyard is doing it right as well. Hotel is modern, extremely clean, staff is always at your disposal. I found that they would go beyond just accommodating and attending, but anticipating my needs.
Location cannot be beat. Right in the heart of things, Peace Center, Falls Park, dining, short walk to ballpark. No tub in our room...so what. Room was better than fine. Front desk extraordinary. Parking deck attached. Didn't expect or ask for a few little comps, yet appreciated the little things they offered. On top of everything and look after the whole place. Security guard keeping an eye. Bar area and outdoor space upscale. Never felt like a mid-level place. Kudos all around. Have your biz trip &/or weekend right here. Greenville rocks, too.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Loyal2Cubs
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Loyal2Cubs,

Thank you for your kind review! We know you have options on where to stay in Downtown Greenville, and I want to thank you for choosing us! We work hard to be worthy of the praise we receive and it is always so rewarding to see our property and staff surpass our guests’ expectations. We are truly fortunate to be such a well-maintained property, still the newest in Downtown, in such a convenient location; but, it really is the commitment to exceptional service from our dedicated staff that puts us over the top. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your compliments- I will happily pass them along to the rest of our team.

Thank you again for your feedback! If I can be of any assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me. I hope we will see you again soon!

Jacksonville
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have been working on a project in Greenville for about the last year, and I have been staying at this hotel regularly and logged many nights here. The hotel is clean and very conveniently located in downtown Greenville. What made this place special to me is the staff at the Courtyard. All of the workers went out of their way to call me by name, and they always went out of their way to make me feel at home.

Today is my last day at the hotel and I will really miss this place. If you are in Greenville and want a great hotel where the staff goes out of their way to give you good service, please stay here!

Room Tip: All rooms are great. A view of the courtyard faces Main Street and this is my favorite view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Scott H,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. We’ve loved having you and hate to see you go! It has been our pleasure to be your “home away from home” during your time in Greenville and I am so happy to see that our team played such a big part in making you feel welcome and comfortable. We wish you all the best!

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance at all in the future. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and our property and hope we will see you again! From all our staff- Thank you and we wish you a very fond farewell!

Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Nice location the edge of Falls Park in downtown Greenville. Friendly employees. Bistro hours are far from ideal (closes for the day 10:30, even on the weekends). Comfy rooms with little windows that open, which was nice. Parking garage is connected to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gopoets
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear gopoets,

Thank you for your review! I am happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us Downtown. We are fortunate to be in such a great location with such a great staff! I apologize if the Bistro hours did not meet your needs, but we are always happy to help assist as best as possible. We have our lobby Market, several of our Front Desk Staff are able to make Starbucks specialty drinks after the Bistro closes, and there are a number of fantastic local restaurants and coffee shops within walking distance (many of which do a great Saturday and/or Sunday brunch as well!). Let us know the next time you are in the area and we would be happy to help you with recommendations and reservations.

Thank you again for your comments. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future. We hope to see you again!

McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I am a loyal Marriot guest and have to say this is the first time I have been so disappointed with a hotel. After trying for several minutes to connect to the Wi-fi so that I could complete work online that I had to travel to Greenville for I called the front desk because I was not having any success I was rudely brushed off saying "well there's nothing I can do because our internet is working just fine". Several minutes later it finally connected and was so slow I couldn't even complete my work. High internet speed?....yeah right! I might have been able to deal with the crappy internet service if the guy at front desk hasn't been so rude and unconcerned but he definitely ruined my experience.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Gsdfun
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Gsdfun,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I want to thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and apologize for any difficulty you experienced with our wi-fi or service during your stay. We did recently upgrade our internet services to improve our complimentary wi-fi as well as to include an enhanced high-speed option, and, as we have had a significant decrease in speed or connection issues since the upgrade, I would love to hear more about your experience so that we might improve the issue. Regarding the interaction with the staff member you detailed, please accept my apologies for any dissatisfactory behavior. We are in the business of taking great care of people and our expectations were not met in this instance. I thank you for bringing it to our attention, and assure you that the matter will be addressed departmentally. We set a high standard for service and want you to be comfortable, relaxed, and have all the tools you need to remain efficient and stress-free when you are in our care.

Thank you again for your feedback! Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your experience further or if I can be of any assistance at all. I hope we will have the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I was in town for a Nat'l conference and stayed here. Can't say enough good things about my stay. Excellent rating across the board! Perfect location, very clean, great food, etc. but the gem of the hotel is Ruby! She went out of her way in every capacity to make my stay wonderful....from remembering my first name EVERY time our paths crossed to handwriting directions to her recommended eating establishments. She was awesome and so were her recommendations. I hope she gets paid what she's worth :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Wendy M
Dear Wendy M,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and that Ruby took such great care of you. She really is a gem! We work very hard to make sure our guests are happy and comfortable and know that great service is the key. And we are lucky to have such a caring staff that genuinely loves taking care of people! Thank you again for sharing and I will gladly pass along your compliments to Ruby. We hope to see you again soon!

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed here over the past weekend for a wedding, and it fantastic all around. I give it five stars for location, cleanliness, value, amenities, decor and comfort; but the service was what really set it apart and made it an extraordinarily nice stay. Every employee from Ruby at the desk to the cleaning crew was extremely welcoming and helpful, but one desk clerk in particular, Austin, was so good that I felt obligated to write my first ever online review. It seemed like every time I called down or walked through the lobby all weekend, he just happened to be the one who was there, and eager to help. He, gave directions and recommendations, called cabs, sent wine glasses to my room to be waiting after the wedding, and most impressively, personally brought a large tabletop paper trimmer to my room after I had only casually mentioned in passing that I had some cards printed that I wanted to cut. I've been helped by countless hotel employees and concierges that are eager to help, but are obvious that it's for the tip, which I'm all to happy to give for the effort. He did all of the extra stuff without being asked and then acted surprised and almost hesitant to accept a gratuity. Parking was an extra charge, but only $10 a day no matter how many times I left which was a great deal for the convenience. Refreshingly, internet, which ironically is usually a fee at nicer hotels, was free. I didn't check out the pool, but the gym was modern and nice with plenty of tv's so I could watch march madness while I worked out. I've probably stayed in every hotel in downtown Greenville over the past decade, but service and value guarantee that I'll choose this one every time I can in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Scott N
GSMCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Scott N,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and am delighted to read your comments regarding our staff. We are fortunate to have a great property in a great location, but know it will always be our level of customer service that leaves the most lasting impression on our guests. Austin, Ruby, and the rest of our staff genuinely want to take wonderful care of people- and it shows! I am happy to pass along your compliments for a job well done.

Thank you so much for your feedback. If I can be of any assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me. We hope to see you again soon!