“Excellenet Staff”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte
“Excellenet Staff”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have been staying at the Marriott here in Downtown Greenville for a couple of months now. All I can say is that they have a very good staff, especially from the Front Desk, specifically Sarah. They are always accommodating and always tend to my needs. I like the layout of the rooms as it has a modern touch which is what I prefer. I will not hesitate to continue staying in this hotel because of the service they have provided me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GSMCourtyard, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Iuigene B.,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown. We certainly appreciate your loyalty to our property while visiting the area, and for taking the time to share your experience with others here on Tripadvisor! We are so lucky to have such a great team of representatives at our property and appreciate you sharing your comments. I'll be sure Sarah and the rest of the staff hear the praise you have given. Again, we appreciate being your property of choice and if I can ever be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to let me know.

864-451-5703

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were trying to book a room online and we had some issues with a certificate, we called the 800 number and somehow were disonnected. So, my husband called the hotel directly and reached Sara. She was so courteous and helpful that upon our arrival we sought her out to thnak her. She was easy to find at the desk and just as helpful in person. The staff at this hotel is top notch, very helpful but not in your way!
Our room was clean and comfortable and we dined at the hotel and had a superb meal as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear B S,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown for your recent trip to Greenville. We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your time in Greenville. I certainly apologize that the 800 number was not more helpful but am glad to hear that Sarah was able to make your experience memorable. Sarah is a great asset to our team and I will be sure to personally thank her for her outstanding performance. We are truly lucky to have such great team members! We hope to have the opportunity to host a future stay in Greenville. If I can ever be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for a concert in Greenville. Hotel is very clean and extremely convenient to restaurants and shopping. Room clean and comfortable. Bed very comfortable and bathroom adequately stocked with Paul Mitchell shampoo ect... Overall, an A+ stay.

• Stayed March 2013
GSMCourtyard, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Davis4170,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown for your recent trip to the area. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others! I'm glad you were able to come visit us for the concert! We're so lucky to have some big names coming soon to Greenville so be sure to check out the Peace Center and Bi-Lo Center's websites to see if another show would be of interest, we'd be happy to have you back. If I can be of any assistance moving forward, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in most of the hotels in and around Greenville at one time or other, but by far the best is the Courtyard Marriott. I have stayed here on three occasions totalling 83 nights and I have never been let down or disappointed. Joseph, Christina, Sarah, Leah and all the staff do a fantastic job. They are courteous, professional and very competent at what they do. I wish the cabin crew of some airlines I fly with we're half as good. Thank you for making my business trips more of a home from home experience. I have always found the rooms clean and well appointed and I have lacked for nothing. The location is perfect for getting around all the sights of downtown Greenville on foot as well as commuting to businesses around the area. I will look forewords to going there again soon.

Dear Room 607,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown for your trips to Greenville! WOW-83 nights at our property, we're so happy to have the honor of being your hotel of choice, or should I say, "home away from home!"

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a response here on Tripadvisor and for recognizing our fantastic associates! Joseph, Christina, Sarah, and Leah are wonderful representatives of our hotel and I've been sure to pass along your comments to them.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance during your future bookings and we look forward to seeing you back again shortly.

Salem, South Carolina
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We attended a wedding in Greenville over the weekend & stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott on Broad St in Greenville, SC. Not only was it convenient to all of our activities, but right in the middle of downtown Greenville on Main Street. Then rooms were very comfortable and ample lighting in the bathroom with a large walk-in shower. The Nantucket Seafood restuarant is attached to this property and it is probably one of the best in town. Their Sunday brunch left nothing to be desired, it was great. The great experience started at the front desk with Christina and continued to be friendly all three days. We would stay there anytime we're in Greenville, SC.

Room Tip: This hotel is located right in the middle of all of the great restaurants and shopping of the GREAT...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear John L.,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown for your recent trip to the area. I loved the title of your review; We know it can certainly be stressful at times when traveling and I am so happy to hear that we were able to successfully remove some of that stress!! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and thank you for your kind words regarding our property, Nantucket, and our staff. We hope to have you back with us again in the future and if I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Afton, TN
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Loved it! Went along with hubby on business trip, accomodations are clean, convenient location to downtown activity. Love Greenville, restaurant choices are abundant, wonderful shopping too! Close to parks, too. This hotel will provide comfort for business to family folks.

Room Tip: Next time I would opt for a downtown view, just because I love city lights!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Carmee R.,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown for your recent trip to the area. I'm glad you were able to tag along for your husbands trip to Greenville. We have such a great downtown and are lucky to be situated right in the center of it! Falls Park on the Reedy River is just a block away from our location and it is such a suprise to find in the middle of the city. I'm glad you had the opportunity to experience Greenville and everything it has to offer. We hope you'll be back to see us again in the future and if I can ever be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff at the Marriott hotel. Sarah, Christina and Joseph, as well as all the other members of staff, were always very friendly and welcoming no matter what time of the day or night. This made my business trip more of a home away from home rather than the living out of a suitcase I am used to. The rooms are a good size, well presented and very clean. The beds are comfortable too.
The location is perfect for the 30 minute drive down to Liberty I needed to do daily, but there is a wealth of places to soak up the atmosphere or get something to eat in Down town Greenville. The bar is exceptional in the Marriott, try the Green Dragon cocktail at your own risk as its hot, hot, hot.
Go here and no where else. You won't regret it.

Only problem, couldn't get the England V Wales rugby on TV. Since we lost 33:3 I think this might have been a blessing in the disguise.

Thank you all, see you soon.

• Stayed March 2013
GSMCourtyard, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Greenville Downtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Milleman,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Greenville Downtown for your recent trip to the area. We sincerely appreciate your high accolades and I am so happy to hear that this is the best hotel you've stayed at, without exception!! What a fantastic compliment!

Sarah, Christina, and Joseph are excellent team members and we are lucky to have them on our team! Thank you for taking the time to recognize their abilities and I will be sure to share your compliments.

We hope to see you again in the future. If there is ever anything I can be of assistance with in the future, please don't hesiate to contact me directly.