“Delicious!!!”

Giovanni's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 968 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located near Hampton Inn on Woodruff Rd.
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Food was delicious! Best marinara sauce, great selection of wine!

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Giovanni's came highly recommended, so we tried it with high hopes. It didn't live up to our admittedly over-the-top expectations, however. The food was good, but not spectacular to my mind. The service was a bit slow and not the friendliest I've ever experienced. The dining room felt crowded to me. I was so cold even with my coat on that I rushed through the meal just so I could go outside and get warm. I mentioned the cold temperature to our server and he just said, "Yes." We will probably not return.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I went to Giovanni's last night..>Wednesday 1/4 and got there at 5:15 for dinner...place was empty and before too long completely full. the owner came over to greet us.....we chatted & discussed Italian wines....he made some recommendations & we tried his last bottle of Amarone...amazing wine...he also chatted with us about food recommendations...we tried all three..my wife & 20 yr old daughter who is semi fussy about food. again...all were amazing....being Italian & growing up in North Jersey I am really fussy about good Italian food...this place was great...super atmosphere, intimate, cozy & the owner was very involved with the operation of restaurant. We will be back often......now we have two great Italian restaurants in area....

Reviewed January 3, 2012

The food tasted microwaved and the plance is tiny. Ther owner was very rude and we will never come back to this restaurant.

3  Thank Davmehh
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This small, but very pleasant trattoria, in a strip mall no less, is lovingly serving authentic Italian cuisine. The entrees are prepared by the owner/chef and the desserts are prepared by the owner/chef's Italian mamma. The restaurant is kept small deliberately, so that the diners can get individual attention and the food can be prepared as it is ordered. The wine list caters to "big reds" as appropriate for the delicious italian food. The owner says why spend a whole lot on a bottle of red wine when I can offer a super tuscan at a very reasonable price. I like this attitude! It is lovely to linger over your meal, listen to Italian love songs, and relax.