“Fun Food both Mexican and Sushi”
Review of Takosushi

Takosushi
Ranked #27 of 968 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Southwestern, Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I was visiting friends in Greenville and they told me we were going to their favorite restaurant - I was a bit skeptical when I heard they served Mexican and Sushi - not anymore.

The tuna tartare appetizer was excellent as were the jalapeno poppers - nice bite in them. The salsa was a real winner and we all agreed it might have been the best we have every had the chips were fresh and crisp. We also had softshell crab and crab rolls plus 2 others - all excellent.

Brianna was an excellent waitress - friendly and on top of our service. Great casual place.

The only disappointing dish was the firecracker shrimp - way too much crust and very ordinary - quite a departure from all the other outstanding dishes.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Okay, so I waited almost a full 24 hours after eating to write this, for the sake of fairness to everyone. We went here for my fiance's birthday while we were in Greenville. The food was very good. At the suggestion of previous reviews we tried the fish tacos, which were ok but not the best imho. The potstickers were good, as was the sushi. The prices seemed pretty standard for a sushi restaurant, expensive for a Mexican restaurant. The novelty of switching between Mexican and Japanese cuisine in one meal was an interesting experience.
My tip: consider, for a moment, the potential implications to one's stomach of eating tacos AND sushi in the same sitting... you might have to spend some extra time in the bathroom.

2  Thank demarcost
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We really enjoyed the menu here. It was a mix of Mexican and Asian cusine. The food was good bar food but it was not over the top. We sat at the bar and hoped for quicker service but alas it was the opposite. The bartender was also the waitress and she only came to see what we wanted to eat and drink once. She seemed to be more interested in the tables so that was dissapointing. But if you are not in a rush and need some nurishment after drinking...this is a good place!

1  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed February 24, 2014

It was our first experience at Takosushi! We loved the food! The service was lacking but she was very busy and was having trouble keeping up. We went Saturday for lunch and tried to go again Sunday for lunch but they were closed. You must try the crazy roll. YUMMY!

2  Thank Tiffany H
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Once again Takosushi never disappoints as my favorite sushi restaurant. The JJ roll which the Chef D makes for me is amazing and he is as well. D along with Jim the Bartender are very engaging and make the whole dining experience much more pleasurable and interesting. The Sushi is really good but you have to try the fish tacos which are the best i have eaten. Always a good time with delicious food and great service.

1  Thank Jeremy J