“Excellent combination!”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My daughter wanted sushi and I wanted a good drink - we were both very happy here and the waitor was very accomodating.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We recently tried Takosushi for lunch. Takosushi does state that they are Southwestern meets Sushi so I can say we weren't mis-lead. The restuarant could use a good cleaning. The wait staff for lunch were limited trained even a bit odd.

I think when most people eat something they compare it to what their mind remembers it should taste like. At Takosushi traditional items like a Burrito tasted off the norm. The sushi had sweat flavors and unkown flavors and we are sushi eaters. Things that should be firm shouldn't be mushy. Fish when eaten raw shouldn't taste fishy. Accept maybe some smoked eel.

After leaving and later in the day my wife complained of stomach distress. That was it for us. An average restaurant with identity crisis food. We won't be back

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I have a fun and very good lunch at Takosushi. 2 wonderful rolls from the sushi part and an appetizer from the southwest part.
Very relaxing good service, very friendly and customer oriented.
This is a restaurant we'll go back to.

1  Thank Richard F
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Takosushi has very unique rolls that are delicious. The menu is also very unique, never have I eaten at a restaurant that serves mexican style dishes with sushi. The Tempura Asparagus is awesome. The rolls cost around $10 a piece but are pretty large. It is located right on Main St downtown so the atmosphere is nice. There is limited outdoor seating.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Two of our party of four ordered fish tacos and two of us order the Sumo soup. Three of us had lived in Japan for several years and commented as the meal progressed that this was the most authentic Japanese flavor we had ever experienced in the USA. The soup is meso based and loaded ( did I say loaded) yes I mean loaded with seafood, vegetables, and udon noodles. Think of soup piled high in your bowl and you know what this looks like. By the way, I ate every bite and even tipped the bowl up, Japanese style, to get the last drop of broth. The ladies enjoyed their fish tacos although for me they were just a tad spicy. Great flavor but I just don't enjoy that burn.

The service was great and attentive. Definitely a place to visit while in beautiful downtown Greenville.