“Best flavor since Tokyo”
Review of Takosushi

Takosushi
Ranked #52 of 934 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Southwestern, Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Two of our party of four ordered fish tacos and two of us order the Sumo soup. Three of us had lived in Japan for several years and commented as the meal progressed that this was the most authentic Japanese flavor we had ever experienced in the USA. The soup is meso based and loaded ( did I say loaded) yes I mean loaded with seafood, vegetables, and udon noodles. Think of soup piled high in your bowl and you know what this looks like. By the way, I ate every bite and even tipped the bowl up, Japanese style, to get the last drop of broth. The ladies enjoyed their fish tacos although for me they were just a tad spicy. Great flavor but I just don't enjoy that burn.

The service was great and attentive. Definitely a place to visit while in beautiful downtown Greenville.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a neat, unique restaurant.

If you want a real treat, and are hungry early, go to happy hour between 4 and 6pm. Tacos are practicaly free and there are also great drink specials. The service has always been very good on my visits. A solid option for Main Street

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We visited Takosushi on the recommendation of a dear friend who had lived in Greenville for a few months. We weren't disappointed! We sat at the end of the bar where we could watch the sushi being made. We were greeted immediately, not only by the sushi Chef, but also a waitress who quickly brought us menus and drinks. It's a fusion of Sushi and Mexican dishes. I ordered the Guacamole as an appetizer, and it was fresh and delicious. The chips were very light and non-oily and were salted just right. My sweetie ordered a sushi roll from their selections. It was super fresh and presented beautifully. I had the "Sumo Soup" which came in a HUGE, HUGE bowl. It had Udon noodles, celery, mussels, shrimp, scallops, and all kinds of goodies. I ate all I could eat, my sweetie had a bowl, and I still had enough left over to take with me for another generous serving. The owner was very gracious and visited with us throughout most of our stay. We will definitely go back when in Greenville! Prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Just like the name says..... Taco Sushi. Their take on Mexican twist things just a bit and that makes it fun. Their sushi is creative and somewhat off the normal that you would usually have somewhere else but again that keeps it interesting and fun. It was a busy Saturday night in downtown Greenville on November 3 of this year. We were three blocks up the road and I called to see about getting a table And they were very accommodating. When we arrived they had a table set up for our party. Although busy our service was exceptional. I wish I had remembered the name of our server because she did a great job and I would love to mention her here. If your group just can't decide what they want this is a nice place to go. Give it a try and I'm sure you'll go back for a second visit and maybe more.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The service was good. They leave no condiments on tables for you... Have to ask for everything from salt to soy sauce. We tried the steak takos. The steak was good but even after sending it back to cook it more the steak was still red. That was a deal breaker and probably will not return. The decor is fine and like I said, service was good. The guy tried but the person cooking did not.