“Best of Both Worlds”

Takosushi
Ranked #49 of 899 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Mexican, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
South Carolina
“Best of Both Worlds”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My family was searching Main Street recently trying to find something that would accommodate all of our tastes. Takosushi hit the spot! Those that enjoyed sushi loved it and the Mexican fare was equally as delicious. I personally enjoyed the tilapia tacos and they were amazing. The guac and queso were also fabulous. The waitress was friendly and helpful. We did not see a children's menu but she let me know they did do simpler children's dishes. I really appreciated that. We ate WAY too much but I would definitely go back again when we are prepared for a more high-priced casual dining. I am not complaining of the price, I just simply could not eat there often. I do recommend this restaurant for sushi or Mexican cuisine.

• Visited September 2012

Greenville, SC
“Happy hour!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I dined here during their happy hour and got a lot of good deals on their sushi. This was our second visit to this place and we were greatly impressed with the fresh and unique taste of their cuisine. We will definitely be back.

4 Thank zeek1234
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Great little place!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

I'll go in order. The food was outstanding. The name gives it away - its a mixture of Mexican and Asian cuisines, but it is truly great. My sushi an sashimi was so fresh, it seemed like it almost went from the sea to my plate.

The value - its a little expensive. For two people, with tip, it was $41.00 for lunch.

The ambience was hard to rate given the time we ate, but it was not full and the food came quick.

The service was just fantastic! The waitresses disposition was cordial, helpful and very pleasant. I will be the first to admit I may be a little difficult sometimes and, unlike others, she did not make me feel like an inconvenience to her.

Overall, my new favorite sushi/Mexican place in Greenville, SC. :)

Myrtle Beach, SC
“Best of both worlds!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

One of the hotel staff referred us for good tacos. Long wait Friday night, so we went back Saturday and had fish tacos and a volcano roll. Both were very good and exceeded our expectations. Prices seemed a little high at first, but portions were large and made up for it.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Mediocre restaurant”
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

It was okay but not great. The bartender /server was very very nice but the food was so so. Not worth the money.