“Disappointed!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Sebastian, Florida
“Disappointed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here mid December 2013 from a Thursday to a Monday. We chose this hotel because of the #1 Rating. First, let us say, no matter what time we took our showers in the morning, there was never good hot water, only warm water. Very disappointing! Now let us go back to our Check-In .We had reserved a room on a high floor, facing the parking lot. When we arrived we asked the Check In Clerk if we could have a room on the Top Floor facing the parking lot. She told us the rooms were not quite ready & she would note our reservation for the Top Floor facing the parking lot. When we returned an hour later at 3:30 pm we were told there were no rooms on the Top Floor. This hotel was NOT sold out. There were hairs on the bathroom floor upon check -in. The king size bed could have been a bit more comfortable. We doubt that we would stay here again. We are former residents of the area, & on our next trip we will stay at a local Bed & Breakfast!

Room Tip: Insist on the following: TOP FLOOR FACING the PARKING LOT!!! Make sure you can get hot water for the...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank R G
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
We apologize that you were not satisfied with your guest room assignment and that cleanliness and maintenance conditions were an issue. We're working with our staff to address your concerns and apologize for the inconvenience. It's our goal to ensure guests are comfortable and taken care of and your feedback will certainly help us as we continue to improve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Nice, clean, modern, great place to stop while traveling on the highway. The bed was not perfect but usable. Facility was very modern. Internet was free but slow. Breakfast was good but plan to pay a bit extra.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
 We are delighted to know you had a great stop over here and hope to see you again when travel plans permit! Thank you for your review and for your business.
charleston, sc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed here over the Christmas holiday this year while visiting family. The hotel boasts nice rooms, a lovely bar, and nice equipment in the workout room. The front of the house staff was also very nice and cheerful despite working over an important holiday! We had a fairly pleasant experience until I got home and realized that I left two items in our room - a mouth guard in its case (anyone who has the unfortunate experience of having to wear one of these knows how expensive they are; $700 out of pocket) and a medical prescription (not expensive in of itself, but the cost adds up when i have to make a special trip to the doctor to have it refilled). I immediately called the hotel when we got home that evening (the same day) to report that I had left the items. I was told that they did not see anything in the lost and found, but to call back the next day when the housekeeping staff was available. When I called the next day, I was told again that they did not see anything in the lost and found. I was also told that I should speak with housekeeping directly, but that no one was available to speak with me at that time so, someone would have to call me back. (It's also worth noting that at this point, I was a little bit perturbed because I had called twice, only to be told that I would have to wait for a return call.) When they did return the call, they confirmed that nothing had been reported as found in our room. Since I clearly remember leaving the items on the bed (and as such, know that they were in fact found by someone), I can only presume that the housekeeping staff just threw the items out.

I am not totally unreasonable. I do realize that many people leave many things behind in hotels etc. and that the staff can be responsible for every little item a person forgets, but could they not hold on to things for at least 24 hours? - at least give someone a chance to discover that they are missing them before chucking it in the trash? I find it so discourteous. It's now going to cost me over $700 to replace these two items. Grrr.....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank laurentia007
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay and are very sorry about the lost items. We wish we could have been of more help with this. I will assure you that I will take your comments into consideration for improving these kinds of situations. Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town you consider staying with us again.
Flowery Branch, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed for one night before Christmas and were very happy with this hotel. The staff were very courteous. Check in was quick, but we did have a problem with the key card working. It took 3 different sets to get one to work. Other than that we had no issues. The rooms are very clean and up to date. We had to leave at 6 am so did not get to try the breakfast or restaurant in the hotel, but will surely stay here the next time we need a hotel in Greenville.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for such a nice review of our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Greenville and hope on your next trip you will be able to stay a little longer with us. We look forward to it.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Tim, the front desk manager, assisted me with travel plans over the Christmas holiday. This hotel is my favorite due to the staff that they employ. They always go above and beyond. I stayed at this hotel on business 50 - 100 nights over 2 years. My travel to Greenville, SC concluded and I had not been back in 1-1/2 years. I checked in and was greeted by name by familiar faces at the front desk and in the lounge. Great people like Tim make this the friendliest hotel I stay in.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
We are glad to read you were able to get back up to see us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Greenville. Thank you for such a great review and for your business. Your kind words concerning our staff is greatly appreciated. We will be sure to let them know. Hopefully it will not be so long before you get to travel our way again.
ATL, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

I recently stayed here for one night while in Greenville on business. I can honestly say that this was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in at a hotel. Beds are adjustable to suit your firmness needs, which is a nice feature to have as most hotel beds are much too firm for my liking. The room was nicely appointed, comfortable and clean. A Keurig coffee maker in the room was a pleasant surprise. My only issue was the location so close to the interstate traffic nose. I won't hesitate to return to here in the future, but next time I'll request a room on the front side on the hotel so muffle the noise.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CSmithATLGA
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
We are sorry about the traffic noise but are glad to read you won't hesitate to stay here again on your next trip our way. Thank you for such a nice review.
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a soccer tournament. The staff opened the breakfast area early for us that morning so we could eat before my daughter's early game. It is in a great location for soccer games and families in general. Very quiet.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Greenville, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
We are happy to learn we are a good location for soccer games here at the Hilton Garden Inn Greenville and hope her game went well. Thank you for such a great review and for your business. We look forward to your next visit.