“Over 600 trips to Lazy Chicken and still counting”
Review of The Lazy Chicken

Ranked #208 of 907 Restaurants in Greenville
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Marietta, South Carolina
“Over 600 trips to Lazy Chicken and still counting”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I have been eating lunch and occasionally dinner at the Lazy Chicken since they opened 4 years ago. I would estimate I've eaten there around 600 times and will continue to eat there every chance I get. From day one the quality of food has been outstanding, service has been more like a bread and breakfast in terms of friendliness of owners and staff than a 'fast' food restaurant. Fast is only in terms of how quick you get your meal. I'm amazed at how many times my food beats me to my table while I'm getting my drink. I like to take a short lunch and don't have the time for slow service. Fortunately, this has never been a problem at the Lazy Chicken.
Unlike many places where the food starts out great and then over time corners are cut and the food quality and portions begin to diminish, Lazy Chicken has maintained the same high quality and good sized portions even as they go into their 5th year.
On many of my trips to Lazy Chicken I have seen people bring their friends and coworkers in to share the experience of eating there. Even though the menu is predominantly chicken the variety of ways they prepare it and the generous selection of hot and cold side dishes guarantees I will never get tired of the menu. When people ask me what's good there the best answer I can give them is 'everything'.
Unfortunately, I just started a new job in Spartanburg and won't be able to make it to Lazy Chicken for lunch any more. I still stop in for dinner when ever I go into Greenville. For two years I made the 40 minute round trip to Lazy Chicken for lunch, still going 2 to 4 times a week, but now that it's a 1 1/2 hour round trip I'm not going to be able to make it for lunch.
One last comment before I finish this review, I read the previous review from a disgruntled customer and have to respond. I have spent roughly 200 hours at the Lazy Chicken in the past four years and have never seen anything but fast, courteous service, had excellent meals and enjoyed the friendly atmosphere time after time again. Would I drive 40 minutes round trip for 2 years if it wasn't? It would be a travesty if one person who doesn't get the true meaning of take out turns even one person away from this great little restaurant. Not only that but it hurts me to see folks that have provided me with so many enjoyable lunches misrepresented as they are by this review.
So, please go have lunch at Lazy Chicken or stop by for dinner. It's well worth the trip.

• Visited August 2011
9 Thank RSmith51

Greenville SC
“Horriblly rude owner and service!!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I was so excited to win a gift certificate to the Lazy Chicken at our neighborhood pool party. Our family waited for my husband's day off and we were all looking foward to eating there. When we walked into the door no one greeted us. The owner sat at the counter crunching numbers and two ladies were behind the counter. We stood at the counter for 5 minutes and still no one greeted us. The owner looked up at us and continued to crunch numbers.

One of the ladies finally acknowledged us and when we ordered two whole chickens , we were told they were out. Of course we were okay with that but there was no apology or explanation. It was 2:00 in the afternoon and I'm not sure why they wouldn't have any. We graciously accepted our modified order with smiles (which were the only smiles in the place by the way!) and went to join our children who were excited to sit at the small kids table in the dining room.

Then, the owner finally acknowledged us....to let us know that we were not welcome to eat there because we had ordered off the carry-out menu.

Wellll.... the place was empty (only two other tables in the restaurant were taken). I'm sure an owner that cared about building his business would have made an exception or explained without such a grouchy face the situation.

When I walked up to the owner to nicely tell him "Thank you sir for the gift certificate, we won't be coming back" he yelled across the dining room "excuse me?!"

PLEASE go somewhere where customer service is a priority and not an exception. These people should take a page from Moe's restaurant where every guest is greeted with a smile (Welcome to Moe's!) We will continue to go back there time and again and I will let everyone I know about the LAZY SERVICE at the Lazy Chicken!

• Visited July 2011
12 Thank jeffgreenvillesc
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Yum!! Excellent chicken and side items”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I eat at the Lazy Chicken on a regular basis -- Delicious food, laid back and friendly atmosphere. If you like chicken at all this place is a must-try!! You'll be a regular customer after the 1st visit.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank Peter29680
greenville
“Best chicken in town”
Reviewed August 28, 2009

The best chicken and sides in town and did i tell you get free mayfield soft served with every meal.

2 Thank fredgreenville