“Attentive Wait Staff, Overpriced Food & Limited Menu”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville at I-385
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville at I-385 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 908 Restaurants in Greenville
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roper Mountain Road
Description: Greenville is a picturesque city located in the Northwest corner of South Carolina. Home to booming business, entertainment, and tourism industries, Greenville is the perfect place to visit, do business, raise a family, or all of the above! Whether you are visiting for business or pleasure, Ruth's Chris Steak House in Greenville, South Carolina, is perfectly situated to accommodate you and your group. Our restaurant is located at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, which is just a short drive from the Greenville Downtown Airport and the city center. We are located close to the intersection of Highway 385 and Interstate 85, very near to The Shops at Greenridge. For a fine dining steak house experience, reserve your table at Ruth's Chris Steak House in Greenville, South Carolina.
“Attentive Wait Staff, Overpriced Food & Limited Menu”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We went to this restaurant because we received a gift card for it. We normally avoid high priced restaurants like this. This particular location is just off I-385 and Roper Mountain Road next to the Crowne Plaza Hotel. There is limited outdoor seating and there are several alcoves where groups can gather with privacy.

Reservations would be a good idea. We made a reservation on OpenTable.com for dinner at 5 pm.. As for dress, there is a sign posted at the hostess station stating that proper attire is required, but several customers who came in around the same time we arrived were dressed in shorts and very casual clothes. Most men wore dress shirts and slacks with no tie and ladies wore dresses, however. There were 2 men there with jackets when we were there at 5 pm.

The atmosphere was disappointing for an expensive restaurant and I thought the décor was really bland. The wait staff was very attentive, friendly, and was the highlight of our visit. The menu offers a limited selection of steaks, seafood, pork chops, and lamb and a few vegetable dishes. The vegetable sides were more than enough for the two of us, so you could get one and split it. We don't eat beef, so I had salmon and my husband had halibut. Neither seafood dish was good enough to order again. Both had some kind of vinegar marinade that was not very good. We had the chocolate sin cake, a flourless chocolate cake served with a strawberry and strawberry sauce which was great. We think that the steaks are probably the best food on the menu. You should be safe if you stick with that.

• Visited May 2014
Kirk W, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville at I-385, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. While we are certainly a steakhouse and feature USDA Prime steaks, we want our non-steak dishes to be equally impressive, and it sounds like we fell short on your most recent visit. I will be sure to share your feedback with our culinary team. With regards to our decor, I would love your feedback as to what improvements could be made to make the space more inviting. Thank you for joining us for dinner, and thank you for taking the time to write this thoughtful review. We know we have what it takes to show you a five-star dinner, and I do hope you'll give us another chance to impress!

Regards,

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Fantastic Breakfast!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

The service was fantastic and the food was very good. Our breakfast was served buffet style and it had hot items such as bacon, scrambled eggs etc and cold items such as fresh fruit. In May 2014 the cost for the buffet was $8.99 which I thought was reasonable for an all you can eat.

Visited May 2014
Kirk W, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville at I-385, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thanks for the kind review! We are pleased to host the Crowne Plaza's breakfast in our dining room, and although it's not Ruth's Chris, we'll be sure to pass your compliments along to the team.

Best,
Jacksonville, FL
“Consistenly GREAT food!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

In my opinion, Ruths Chris is hard to beat. Yes; it's pricey, but it's consistently great food with outstanding service! Steaks melt in your mouth.

Visited April 2014
Kirk W, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville at I-385, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
We're delighted to hear that the steaks were top-notch and the service was superb. That's music to our ears!

Needless to say, thank you so much for choosing to dine with us and we can't wait until next time.

Hope to see you soon,
Taylors, South Carolina
“Happy Hour”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Love this place for happy hour. They have 1/2 off appetizers. The stuffed mushrooms are the best. So is the cob salad. These two items and a bottel of wine make a perfect meal and an awesome price.

• Visited January 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“Always good”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I took my 13 y/o son for his birthday.
He enjoyed the steak and shoestring fries!
He can't wait to go back!

Visited March 2014
Kirk W, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville at I-385, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
We can't wait to have you (and your son) back, Arthur! Until next time, thank you for the fantastic review!

Warm regards,