“Great place to Graze”
Review of The Lazy Goat

The Lazy Goat
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lazy Goat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 941 Restaurants in Greenville
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Camperdown St
Description: The Lazy Goat is a Mediterranean-themed restaurant with a menu featuring global influences from Spain, Morocco, Italy, France, Greece, Africa and the Middle East and a relaxed atmosphere where taking the time to "linger and share" is encouraged. The diverse menu was created to accommodate a variety of diner preferences with meat & cheese plates, small plates to “graze and nibble,” and main dishes. Guests are invited to take their time while "trying a little bit of that and a little bit of that" or a "whole lot of whatever they like".
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Who doesn't love brussel sprouts...that would be me. Hate them, despise them....then dinner mates assure me I would love the ones at the Lazy Goat. Oh here we go again, someone trying to get me to like the disgusting little vegetables. When the dish came out I still was not thrilled about trying them but being the good sport, I took a small bite. What are these? Surely they can't be brussel sprouts as they are not bitter and disgusting (catching onto my passion to hate brussel sprouts?). They were amazing.....tasted great. The rest of the meal was very good as well. Fried cheese, calamari, pimento cheese spread…all were excellent. The wine list was interesting and very reasonable. This is my new go to place!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Saturday night, probably one of the best meals we have ever had taste-wise. We had the Prochetta and Crispy Brussels Sprouts - both were unbelievably good and the best tasting food I have had in many years. The pizza was also very good with a fresh homemade sauce. Service was good and the view of the river and Peace Center absolutely beautiful. Bravo.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We had a 500 reservation due to our 3 year old being with us, got there at 450 and something was amiss. People poured in and no one was being seated. Finally at 525 they started seating people. Tori came to our rescue and helped us with the tapas selections which were great. We were in and out and loved the setting and the food! Need to fix that first impression.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is the restaurant I take first time visitors to. It's great food and a great environment to get the feel of downtown Greenville.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Beautiful waterfront restaurant with great service. EVERYTHING we ordered was exceptional! One of the best restaurants I've ever experienced. Perfect bloody Mary's, the fries are unique sprinkled with airy Parmesan cheese, lamburguesa was a delicious variation of a gyro and chimichuri shrimp and couscous were delicious!