“Lovely and affordable”
Review of The Lazy Goat

The Lazy Goat
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lazy Goat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 948 Restaurants in Greenville
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Camperdown St
Description: The Lazy Goat is a Mediterranean-themed restaurant with a menu featuring global influences from Spain, Morocco, Italy, France, Greece, Africa and the Middle East and a relaxed atmosphere where taking the time to "linger and share" is encouraged. The diverse menu was created to accommodate a variety of diner preferences with meat & cheese plates, small plates to “graze and nibble,” and main dishes. Guests are invited to take their time while "trying a little bit of that and a little bit of that" or a "whole lot of whatever they like".
Reviewed June 24, 2013

While driving thought S.C. my companion and I stopped for lunch at Greenville and following a tip from the South Carolina Visitor's center guide, we decided to lunch at The Lazy Goat attracted by 1) the Mediterranean cuisine; and 2) the location of the restaurant itself. Our experience was utterly charming as we sat at a patio table overlooking the water with the sounds of a waterfall (artificial) below the patio as children splashed around in it. We sipped our wine as our very friendly waiter recounted to us the downtown revival in the city. I always like a place that has a good balance of dining options both non-vegetarian and vegetarian especially as my dietary preference is the latter. I was not disappointed with the Mediterranean salad and the pesto panini I had for lunch and that was washed down with some very pleasant tasting red wine. We were delighted by the wine glasses so much that we even bought 6 glasses from the restaurant. Utterly full and sated we got back on the road. So charmed were we by both the restaurant and the downtown itself that we've been raving about them to our friends and plan to return to spend a weekend there. Our serendipitous journey through Greenville was definitely enhanced by our restaurant experience! I would definitely recommend the restaurant to others.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

With a wonderful view and a gorgeous evening the only thing that could add to that was delightful food and The Lazy Goat made the evening perfect.
We shared a pitcher of the outstanding Red Sangria along with the Goat Cheese & Beet Salad which is one of our favorites. This night they brought back a few of the things on the menu that used to be there and we had the Romanesco Cauliflower which was outstanding and a flavor experience that makes The Lazy Goat so special.
Another one of our favorites is the Duck, Duck Goat Pizza which was just fabulous, then we just sat finished our sangria, enjoyed the view and music from across the way. After a walk along the Reedy River and back home.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by Greenville's dining scene and by this good choice. The aesthetics of the restaurant were a delight to the eyes as the plates were a treat for the palate. We sampled a few small plates and found their offerings quite good. I had a meat and cheese plate followed by crispy brussel sprouts. The servings were appropriate to the price. The two complaints I would have is that while I made a reservation, when we got there we could not be seated outside in a more pleasant setting as, I was told, "those seats were reserved". Not sure how one does that, but it was my impression that I had done that. All evening, there were seats available as we sat in doors. While the inside is pleasant and full of glass to see outside, the glass and steel interior creates a din of noise. I repeatedly had to ask by friend to repeat himself. The room needs some sound dampening features.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had lunch here with our friends and enjoyed the atmosphere as well as the food. We enjoyed looking at the view on the river. Everyone enjoyed his/her choices from the menu and it was hard to make a decision from all of the delicious options.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Great view of the Wyche Pavilion across the Reedy River and the TD Ampitheatre through floor to ceiling windows. Good for people watching overlooking the Swamp Rabbit trail that runs through the heart of Greenville. Perfect casual but vibrant atmosphere to go with a group of close friends and carry on a conversation. You can talk at a comfortable level The food was great. Our table had the crispy Brussel sprouts, the beet salad, fried goat cheese, a couple of their pizzas and the red wine sangria. No complaints. All was great as was the service. One small thing. No espresso drinks for after dinner? Would expect a Mediterranean restaurant to have this for some reason.