Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: McDaniel Road
Description: Upscale casual dining restaurant with cozy seating for up to 65 people located in historic area of Greenville, South Carolina. Menu offers continental cuisine with old world classic French and Italian dishes made with premium cuts of meat, freshest seafood and local ingredients. Extensive wine list from around the world will delight wine lovers. Private dining room available for party's up to 28.
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

What a treat! Boar sausage appetizer was delightful, Muscovy duck and crab cake entrees were wonderful. Good wines by the glass. Informed and helpful server. Definitely coming back !!!!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (135)

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

What a Beautiful surprise! Our first time and it will be our new restaurant to go to. We just moved here from New York.
A nice selection on the menu. Not too big ,so they can take the time to make it taste extra delicious. I think that’s why the specials they have are extra special. It shows off the Chefs skill. Our food was absolutely delicious! I can’t wait to come back and try the Chefs specials.Our waitress Jennifer Was very helpful. Recommending food,since this was our first time.Plus she was very tentative. Always making sure our drinks,bread, condiments,Napkins~whatever our needs were met.Extra bonus ~she was genuinely nice. A beautiful clean restaurant. The owner stopped by to see how dinner was. Nice to know he cares. Shows in the restaurant. Thank you for having us.5 Star!

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

Wow ! The food is delicious, very romantic atmosphere and very friendly staff. Our server Phi gave us great recommendations and did an amazing service. Thank you guys. See you soon !!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 3, 2019

Enjoyed a lovely dinner with my son and daughter-in-law. Excellent food and wonderful service. My family lives in Greenville and this is one of their favorites.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 28, 2019 via mobile

Davani's was a very good Italian restaurant. Service was great. We got to the restaurant about 45 min before our reservation but they kindly seated us. Ambiance is great for a romantic dinner. We started off with the Brie and fruit appetizer. Delicious. Fruit was sweet and ripe. Cheese was perfect. You can get the cheese baked but it would have taken 30 min so we got it grilled. My wife got lasagna. Very rich and hearty. Very good. More of a smokey flavor. Nice portion. I got the Chicken Piccata. Wonderful. Cooked perfectly. Instead of the risotto I got angel hair pasta. Wish the portion was a little larger but it was great. My favorite part of dinner was desert. I got vanilla bread pudding. Out of this world. It's hard to make bread putting correctly but Davani's nailed it. My wife got creme brulee. She enjoyed it but let's be honest every creme brulee I have tasted is exactly the same. All in all a great date night dinner. My only complaint was the owner of the restaurant spent our entire dinner talking to a pretentious couple with two kids sitting right next to us. Got annoying after about 15 minutes.
I highly recommend Davani's for a great romantic Italian dinner. We will be back!

Date of visit: September 2019