“Great views of Greenville”
Review of UP on the Roof

UP on the Roof
Reserve a Table
Mon, 2/17
8:00 PM
Ranked #29 of 1,089 Restaurants in Greenville
Description: Featuring unparalleled views, hand-crafted cocktails, artisan wines, craft beers, and small plates, UP On the Roof is a uniquely Greenville experience.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had drinks here during a recent overnight stat at Embassy Suites. Great views and out door area. Staff was friendly and fun. Prices are slightly high but worth it for such a nice view.

Date of visit: January 2020
StephanieT3407, Owner at UP on the Roof, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for joining us, Chris! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the drinks when you were staying in Greenville and that our view and service impressed you. I'll look forward to welcoming you in for another wonderful rooftop experience the next time you're in the area.

Have a nice day,
Candice Bryant, General Manager

Write a reviewReviews (296)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First of all, when we arrived it was hard to get a seat in the bar area. They offer a small selection of drinks. Ask the bartender to make you a real drink, and they have no clue. We decided to have dinner and we were placed in a horrid table, no view, and around some obnoxious young adults. The service was poor. We tried on several occasions to flag down a server just for more water. Good luck. We ordered nachos appetizer which was cold and small for the price. My seafood dish was inedible and my guest's tenderloin was small but good. The sides didn't fit well with the entrees. Service was horrid and we actually complained to the manager. She said she was sorry and they would do better next time we came. There will be no next time. Having a rooftop bar and restaurant is new to this town so the place is cool to bring someone to view the town. I would take a look and go downstairs and have a great meal at Ruth's Chris, same company, big difference.

Date of visit: December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback, Beth. I'm sorry to see you've had another experience that's fallen short of your expectations at our rooftop. Should you wish to provide me with some additional details about when you dined with us most recently, I'd love to hear from you, 864.242.4000.

Wishing you well,

Reviewed December 28, 2019

While the view of downtown Greenville is great the drinks are overpriced and the service is lacking, $11 for a very small glass of wine is enough to make me not return.

Date of visit: December 2019
StephanieT3407, Owner at UP on the Roof, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2019

Thank you for your candor, Amy. While I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our views, I'm disappointed that the rest of your experience fell short of your expectations. If you're ever interested in giving us another chance to make a great impression , I encourage you to check out our Happy Days for daytime deals on food and drink.

Cheers!

Reviewed December 28, 2019

My husband and I found this in Greenville and if you love rooftop bars and good food, you have come the right place. The view is incredible and a really nice laid back vibe. We both shared an appetizer and a burger which were delicious. They have a nice bar area as well. I was impressed with our waiter because I wasn’t happy in how the Brussels sprouts came out and he immediately removed them from our bill with a big apology and no questions asked.

Date of visit: December 2019

Thanks for making our rooftop part of your Greenville experience. I'm so glad you enjoyed the views, food and service - and while I'm wish you would have liked the Brussels Sprouts more, I'm thrilled that our team took care of you. Hope you'll join us again whenever you're in the area next.

Best,

Reviewed December 28, 2019

We were a group of 8 including kids, with a reservation to sit outside, up on the roof. We requested a view as well. We were seated against a wall more central to the rooftop area without a view. The areas with views are filled with loungers and people having cocktails. Neither heater to the sides of our table functioned, which was ok except for the smell of propane gas. We requested they either be turned off or turned on. Neither happened. I feel like the restaurant may have been short on staff. Our server tried to be attentive but seemed to be covering too many tables and areas. The food was ok. A mash up of so many things it was hard to identify what type of restaurant it is. Probably roadhouse restaurant on a roof of a hotel without the graces or views of a good restaurant on the roof of a hotel is the best way to describe it
It seems more like a hang out bar type of place that you go to try to get noticed at. The food was as expected. Not great but fine with lots of wine. I feel like there are so many other good places to try in Greenville if in search of something memorable.

Date of visit: December 2019

Thank you for your candid feedback. I'm disappointed to know that your recent visit to our rooftop fell short of your expectations. While I wish the overall experience would have made a better impression, I am most disappointed to hear about the propane heater situation, and I appreciate you bringing this to my attention so I can follow up and ensure this doesn't happen moving forward.

With that said, I'd love the opportunity to personally apologize and hope you'll consider giving us another chance to show you just how great things can be UP here. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you'd like to discuss your experience in greater detail, 864.242.4000.

Kindly,