“Best in town”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Not that much different than any of the other 100 Mexican restaurants'. However, they take great care of you, and make you feel like family. Plus you're iin the West End and can catch a ball game or take a stroll.

There are newer reviews for Compadres Mex Mex Grill

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The people that work at Compadres are sooooo nice! Very friendly and very helpful. The service is fast and the food is delicious! I like to get a chicken burrito or something like that and guacamole. The guac is AWESOME. Excellent, I love this place!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stopped by for dinner at about 6:00pm on a Sunday. The restaurant was nowhere near full. Our meals (party of 5) were served about ten minutes apart. One guest waited an additional ten minutes just for an order of tortillas! It took 15 minutes to bring a margarita. The waitress (and the manager) blamed the glacial pace of service on the kitchen. When asked what heppens when the restaurant is actually full, they had no response. I ordered the carnitas. It was horrible and not even generous helpings of picante sauce made it any better. If you like excuses for poor service, this is the place for you. If you are seeking good mexican food, I would skip this dump and eat elsewhere. A TV dinner would be better.

2  Thank Beaverbod
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Decided to try because we had some bad service at Liberty. As soon as we walked in it was a good vibe all around. Service was great and food was good too. Had a great overall experience and ill be goin back.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We have been going to Compadres for a year or two now, but we were there this past Saturday and I felt compelled to write a review after another good meal.

Tavo runs an excellent restaurant that I feel sometimes gets missed by visitors to Greenville because of its location near the baseball field in the West End. However, I can highly recommend both the food and the staff.

My favorite dish is Tavo's Special Ceviche that includes white fish and mango in a traditional ceviche citrus mix. Served with saltine crackers and hot sauce, it is a great dish during the summer heat. He has also added a "street taco" combination that let's you pick and choose from 8 different street taco options, including carne asada, fish, chorizo, chicken and two different porks. Three simple soft tacos served with rice and beans and a side of chopped onion and cilantro - simple but very good.

If it is not too hot, I recommend sitting outside on the back patio area.

1  Thank SRHGreenville