“ehhhhh... If you like a lot of rice, you're good to go! :O)”
Review of Sushi Murasaki

Sushi Murasaki
Ranked #114 of 927 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Taiwanese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Sushi restaurant with lunch and dinner menus. Open Sundays. We have a great bar scene and an Hibachi place attached to us. Located at the corner of Main St and Washington in the heart of historic down town Greenville SC.
Denver, Colorado
“ehhhhh... If you like a lot of rice, you're good to go! :O)”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Tuna TarTar, Gyoza, and Tuna Sunshine!!! Yum, Yum, Yum!!! The appetizers started off excellently! They really were great! That, in addition to the service is why this place got 3 stars. However, the sushi rolls were a bit bloated... Yikes!!! The sushi rolls were the size of a Chipotle burrito... WAY TOO much rice and WAY TOO little fish... :O( My wife held a piece of the sushi roll in her chop sticks (barely) and I could tell she was thinking, "How am I gonna fit this thing into my face?" So we gave up on our ridiculously over riced under fished maki sushi, picking the fish out of the rolls and leaving the husks of rice on the plate. When the waiter returned our plate to the kitchen, we hoped it sent a message.... Our appetizers were fantastic and our waiter was great, but the maki were a Godzilla-sized rice disaster! The restaurant was clean and had a nice atmosphere,but we were very surprised at the quality of the rolls (especially considering the rolls were specialty rolls and rather expensive).

New Jersey
“Decent for SC”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

While visiting family in SC this past weekend, I had a taste for sushi and was referred to this location. I had the Genji roll (recommeded by my server) and found ti very tasty. The sauce on the plate is really what made the dish, and I would recommend it to anyone. The atmosphere was also desirable.

Springfield, Illinois
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

So-so sushi. Roll I had (recommended by my server) was adequate, but nothing I would order again, also portion was small considering the price. Sashimi platter was poorly done and it included fake "krab" and egg as two of the "chef choices". I would not recommend this place.

Greenville, South Carolina
“Enjoy the atmosphere and food”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I enjoy the atmosphere here as long as frat boys don't stop in. The food is great as well. It's a little pricey for what it is, but not a bad place at all.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank majmcd
Katy, Texas
“Pop Sushi”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is a fairly trendy bar, with a fairly trendy selection of sushi and mixed drinks. I'm not fairly trendy, but even i can dig this place, I love the high bar chairs everywhere, I love the candles on the tables, the prices are pretty good, the staff is pretty friendly and relaxed, and the food is pretty good. One of my absolute favorites is the volcano roll!!!

1 Thank whotakesallmynames