“Last trip here”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I were wanting Japanese, so we stopped in. We have ate at this location one other time, following our 1st trip to a Wasabi's in Charleston, SC. We were very impressed with our other visits, however this past trip will end it. Much like several of the other reviews you will read the service was POOR. We decided to eat at a table, instead of the Hibachi side. Maybe that is the mistake, regardless you should be treated and served at the same level of execution. The server team (of two) that night at the sushi bar side, with table seating was not at a fast food service level, much less an establishment like this. We felt as if we were a burden to the staff as soon as we walked in. The hostess asked us how many, so we answered and asked to sit at a table instead of the "show." She threw the menus down, and said go find whatever seat you want. A little set back from the attitude we sat, and waited for a server. We were rushed through our meal, salad, soup, entree all within minutes. That is once it was all ordered which is another story in itself. Then the waiting game, hurry up and eat then the server was no where to be found. Finally got our bill, and out of there. I will only go back to the Charleston, SC location and thats if my wife still wants too. You have a Brand to keep up, you fail at one location and that ruins your entire brand enterprise name!

1  Thank Matt H

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Always a family hit, kids love the show the chef puts on. Food is good, and service is always tops.
Staff good with kids, and drinks are good .

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This IS MYsecond time coming to WASABI IN two weeks. The first time WE walked OUT, NO ONE came to GREET US OR EVEN GIVE US MENUS.. The second TIME (CURRENTLY HERE) me and my husband are still waiting but at least this time we got water. BUT NO One has come to take our order. WHEN asked CAN WE GET some ASSISTANCE THEY SAID WAIT I thought I asked your server to come by but he wasn't paying attention... I'm completely mad at this establishment and I won't be coming back.. Smh.. Do better

Reviewed December 13, 2011

The staff are great and make this a pleasant dining experience.
You have bar or table dining options.
Food is pretty good and typical for this type of restaurant. certainly way better than the surrounding fare.
Handy for the Hampton inn and safer than trying to cross woodruff road to the nearby alternatives.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I ordered the spicy tuna roll and I am pretty sure the tuna was spoiled. It had the consistency of mashed potatoes and smelled fairly rotten. The employees were very nice, however they served me spoiled fish.

1  Thank 54258Tourist13