“Better than average sushi about right for the price”
Review of Tsunami

Tsunami
Ranked #146 of 916 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Better than average sushi about right for the price”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I've been to 10-12 sushi restaurants in my time so I'm no expert, but for the price which is a little above average you get what you pay for. My wife won't eat sushi, but says their teriyaki chicken is the best she has eaten. We go on Tuesday when they have sushi specials. I really like their soft shell crab roll.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank objectiveopine

Columbia, South Carolina
“Middle of the Road Sushi”
Reviewed November 27, 2010

I wish I could give Tsunami a better review as the atmosphere and service were good. Unfortunately, the sushi left much to be desired. It reminded me in texture and flavor of the pre-packaged sushi one finds at grocery stores. The only thing I tasted... was soy sauce.

A MUCH better option is Tako-Sushi which is a short walk away at 34 S. Main Street

“First time to eat authentic Japanese. The...”
Reviewed February 13, 2010

First time to eat authentic Japanese. The food was great and our server was very good.

Upstate SC
“Casual Sushi”
Reviewed September 30, 2009

Great casual sushi bar. The muscles are flavorful and unique. A Great little lunch place. Friendly staff. Good prices.

Greenville, SC
“Absolutely the BEST Japanese food in town!”
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I'm a native of Japan, and I LOVE Tsunami. After trying a bunch of Japanese restaurants in and around Greenville, I now go to only Tsunami because they consistently serve good food. The fish is fresh and the portion of the rice and fish is just right to make the sushi perfect (I personally don't think having a bigger piece of fish on a sushi is better. It's all about a harmony that rice and fish or other ingredients make). The tempura is fantastic, too. One thing is their service. They're always busy, and they may need more hostesses or......expand the restaurant :) One time we were told to wait for 45 minutes and ended up waiting for 1 1/2 hours........ BUT it was worth the wait :)