“Wonderful treat! And not just gelato!”

Luna Rosa Gelato Cafe
Ranked #1 of 34 Dessert in Greenville
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I'm always happy to have time to stop in at Luna Rosa. They have more than just gelato too, but of course that's what I'm there for! Decent pricing, and great gelato, they're very friendly and you can sit inside or outside. I've recently discovered they even have wine! Guess I only have eyes for the gelato. :)

There are newer reviews for Luna Rosa Gelato Cafe

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Gelato tastes just like that which I had in Rome.

Pizza is very good----thin crust with many toppings.

Staff is very friendly.

Prices are not cheap but certainly affordable

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have been going to Luna Rosa almost since they opened the doors. The family and staff that run this gem is off the charts awesome. The gelato is the best I have ever had. I highly recommend the Kahlua, Nutella, and Chocolate Velvet. The prices are no more than anywhere else and I promise you will not walk away disappointed. Plus, you can try all of what they have and they enjoy it. Never do you feel rushed and never do they treat you like "just another customer". It's my favorite place to stop downtown. I hope you give it a try.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I stopped here based on tripadvisor reviews and glad I did. Sidewalk dining was very nice except for the construction across the street, but not the fault of restaurant. Service was superb and very prompt.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My mom and I decided to try this restaurant for lunch on a weekday having passed by several times and been intrigued. We recently read a stellar review in the newspaper which spurred us to make a destination date. From the wonderfully warm greeting at the door to the exceptional food, this place is a Jewell of a restaurant. We tried a cup of the flavorful tomato soup and a cup of the sausage lentil- both were very creamy and full of herbal flavor without being too salty. We shared one of the best salads we've had downtown, their pear salad with walnuts and Gorgonzola topped with a 15 year aged balsamic with overtones of orange. There were thin shaved pears on top and marinated pears within. Truly heavenly! But one of the best things is the grilled French bread slices topped with melted garlic butter that accompanies everything. We loved it so much we asked for another piece and our fantastic and helpful waiter brought a bowl of them! We left after sharing a bowl of hazelnut gelato which was a perfect finish to a delightful meal. We will be back...and back...and back.