“One of the "top 5" restaurants I have EVER eaten at!”

Pomegranate on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Pomegranate on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 906 Restaurants in Greenville
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Augusta
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“One of the "top 5" restaurants I have EVER eaten at!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Pomegranate is a "must visit" restaurant when visiting Greenville!

THE LOCATION
Pomegranate is located in an ideal location within downtown Greenville. Parking is convenient, and it is right on Main Street.

THE FOOD:
This restaurant has some of the hands-down BEST cuisine I have ever experienced. My husband and I have traveled around the world and are definitely "foodies", but this place definitely ranks among the best of the best. Pomegranate features authentic Persian cuisine, and I don't believe that you could go wrong with ordering anything on the menu. Diners receive a complimentary appetizer platter of a traditional "Persian breakfast", which includes a basket of lightly toasted pita triangles, unsalted butter, feta cheese, as well as radishes and mint leaves. Those unfamiliar with Persian cuisine may initially find this combination a bit odd, but when combined, the flavors are truly unique and delicious. There area a variety of appetizer choices, a fantastic wine list, and the entrees are phenomenal. I had pomegranate chicken kabobs which were to die for, and my husband had the lamb kabobs, which had a delicious yet subtle mint flavor. Both meats were prepared to perfection, and were paired with authentic basmati rice, as well as traditional Persian accompaniments on the side (lemon, lime, and roasted whole tomato).

THE ATMOSPHERE:
Pomegranate's atmosphere oozes Persian authenticity and class. The decor is gracious, beautiful, inviting, and thoughtfully designed. Perfect for a romantic dinner for two, or a group gathering with friends. The interior is quite spacious, and also features a lovely bar area. There was no live music the night we were there, but I understand that they do have it on certain nights of the week.

THE SERVICE:
Immediately upon making our reservation, we were met with incredibly friendly staff, who were enthusiastic and genuinely helpful. We wanted to make a reservation on a Saturday evening at 7:30, and called that same afternoon - no problem. We told the hostess that we would have an infant child in a stroller, and she was able to graciously accommodate us in an out-of-the-way corner of the restaurant, which had a small nook where the stroller fit perfectly. Our waitress was incredibly attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable about the food, as well as the wine menu.

THE VALUE:
Two adults, an appetizer, two DELICIOUS entrees, two glasses of wine for < $65.00....definitely a win!

Overall, we can't say enough about Pomegranate....when we visit Greenville again, we will most definitely be back!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank ColleenBills

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“The ambiance was good, food so so”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was looking forward to going here based on many peoples positive reviews. We were a party of 10. Started with a round of pomegranate martini's, which were pretty tasty. Half got the "Tour" which consisted of several appetizers, a sampling of all the kabobs offered, a MOUNTAIN of rice and tea. The food wasn't bad, but honestly it was not memorable. The chicken was pretty bland and some of the meats were very tough and fatty, which turned me off. There was seasoning on the table that you put on your food, but I didn't feel like it really helped flavor it any better. The pricing was also pretty high- there wasn't mush on the menu under $20. What I will say was excellent, was the service. Our server made sure everyone had what they needed, the owner even came over to make sure everyone was happy. It was OK, but I don't think I would go back...

• Visited February 2013
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Good Food, Not So Good Service”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Hostess was kind of rude when we called to increase our dining party from 6 to 7, acting like I was trying to increase it from 6 to 75.

Appetizer: Mast Khiyar, Borani Spinach, and hummus. All were delicious, Mast Khiyar (mixture of freshly diced cucumbers, yogurt, raisins, walnuts and fresh herbs) was my favorite.

Meal: Chinjeh Soltani, which was a combination plate consisting of one Koobideh kabob (blend of ground tenderloin and ground chuck, seasoned and charboiled) and one Chinjeh kabob (cuts of tenderloin, marinated in a saffron yogurt combination, charbroiled). The dishes were all served with a grilled tomato and complementing rice dish. Even though mine was just basic basmati rice, it’s probably the most flavorful rice I’ve ever eaten. You’re supposed to squish up the tomato and mix it in with the rice and then squeeze the lime all over it. So I did that. It was so good.

We also got chicken soltani, which was one chicken kabob (marinated in a lemon saffron sauce, charbroiled) and one barg kabob (tenderloin, marinated in a traditional Persian marinade of onion and saffron, charbroiled). I liked the barg, but I still think the torsh was my favorite. Tina’s came with basmati cranberry rice which was probably my favorite of all the rices I tried. It had that great balance of savory and sweet and tart. It was awesome. The chicken was good, but I don’t think it could even hold a candle to the beef. All of the beef dishes were absolutely outstanding, but the chicken was just kind of…. chicken. I mean, it was good, it just didn’t blow me away like the beef dishes did.

We also got the Torsh Soltani, which was one Koobideh kabob (blend of ground tenderloin and ground chuck, seasoned and charboiled) and one Torsh kabob (cuts of tenderloin, marinated in a zesty sweet and sour Pomegranate sauce mixed with walnuts, charbroiled). And special basmati rice with lentils and golden raisins. Delicious. The torsh was my favorite of all of the meat.

• Visited May 2012
Greer, SC
“Awesome wine list & perfect host!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My first experience here was while I was walking my white chihuahua in Reedy River Park and looking for a spot for lunch. While walking past a new spot, the Pomegranate on Main, I saw a beautiful, iron-gated outdoor patio and was wondering if it was pet-friendly. The man in a 3 piece suit came out (I later found out this was the owner) and kneeled to pet my dog, saying they had just lost their chihuahua and how much my dog reminded him of his own. He invited me & my dog out to the patio, and even brought a bowl of water and a small dish with cut-up grilled chicken for my pooch! So yes, I am totally biased about this wonderful spot from the get-go ;-). Add to that a wonderful menu and an eclectic wine list...I have developed many new favorites solely based on their selections! Great atmosphere and best of all, healthy choices available. The hummus and shirazi salad are perfect meal starters. The Barg and the Shish kabob I am ordering frequently. I did finally try the Cornish hen kabob and wished I had tried it sooner. But my absolute favorite is the rack of lamb which melts in your mouth. Their Mediterranean flair shows in the decor and the menu, offering Greenville another amazing restaurant. Great place for special occasion or just a Satuday night treat.

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A slightly mixed experience”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had difficulty rating this restaurant. We initially ordered one lamb shank and one lamb kebab - the former was excellent the latter pretty much inedible. When we complained about the lamb kebab it was immediately exchanged for another lamb shank. The service was really good and one of the owners came over and talked to us and apologized for the lamb shank.

Interestingly the cuisine is described as Persian - I guess they think Iranian would have negative connotations! And both the owners are actually from Iran. If we lived here we would try eating here again.

• Visited February 2013