“Great food, wonderful service”

Pomegranate on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Pomegranate on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 908 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Persian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Augusta
Auburn, California
“Great food, wonderful service”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I had never eaten Persian food before and was very pleased with my meal at Pomegranate. We had a cucmber relish with pita for an appetizer, I had the salmon for lunch. Everything was scrumptous and the waiterss was a delight. I can't wait to return for dinner

Visited August 2012

Greenville, South Carolina
“Average”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The food was a little disappointing, the service not so great, overall our expectations were higher than were met. It's an average place to eat....seemed a little on the higher price side for the value of the food.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank GVL605
Greenville, South Carolina
“Got to the restaurant to early”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My wife and I had a show to see at the Centre Stage Theatre so we made reservations early at Pomegranate. We had never eaten and were looking forward to it.
After the waitress explained a few things she asked for drink orders and our starter which she suggested. We were early or they were late getting started the appetizer wasn't going to be ready for 20 more minutes and the drink my wife wanted they were waiting for the owner to arrive w/some fruit juices so she had a beer and I stuck with water (figured they had that at least). We ordered different things so we could try each thers and they were good and different prepared a middle eastern way. We were towards the end of our meal when the waitress asked my wife if she wanted the drink they couldn't make earlier and well my wife declined. It was a little late to start over.
When I went to wash up I saw the owner standing near the bar doing nothing special and was disappointed he couldn't come over to see how things were and to at least say sorry we weren't ready when you came in tonight. After all it was our first time eating at the Pomegranate.
We had gone to the Pomegranate because we had a Groupon certificate to try it out and even though the food was OK I don't think we'll go back. If the owner doesn't care about his customers then why give him our money? The food was good, but certainly not great.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Richard F
Greeneville, Tennessee
“Delicious flavors”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

What a satisfying experience. We visited Wed night. 1/2 price bottles of wine. Where else could you find Chateneuf du Pape for $38 a bottle? This restaurant is Persian and features kabobs etc.
But don't be fooled, the flavors are out of this world. The lamb lollipops were succulent and tender. Served with bbq shrimp, roasted tomato and delicately flavored basmati rice. I'm not normally a rice fan, but they combine cranberries, lima beans, walnuts and all kinds of flavorful delights into their rice varieties. I'm a convert.
The Pomegranate ice cream presented with a sour Pomegranate drizzle and mint sprig was superb. We ate at the bar and Jessica provided expert help with our selections.
A live singer in the style of Nora Jones sang outside on the patio, and her music was discretely piped into the restaurant. The Main st area of Greenville SC is a very pleasantly developed area to visit. The Pomegranate topped off our visit to perfecton

• Visited August 2012
Upstate SC
“Excellent in every way”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Delicious Persian food in a lovely setting. Great waitstaff. What more can I ask for? My husband and I loved it. It's pricey, but well worth it.

Visited July 2012