“Excellen BBQ!”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Excellen BBQ!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We found this place thanks to Tripadvisor. Our family loves going to local BBQ restaurants when we travel and Bucky's did not disappoint. The sauces were delicious. The ribs were fall off the bone delectable. The sides were unbelievably good. We all got different ones and sampled each other's. The service was great. Very friendly and wanted to please. It was so simple- you walk up, place your order and get it right then. Will definitely go back when we come back to Greenville in September.

• Visited July 2014

Greenville, South Carolina
“The way you want to eat southern Bar-B-Q”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Fun place. We went to the one off Roper Mtn and Garlington area. The diner environment is really what I appreciated most. When you grow up in the north you want places like this to exist. And when you get here, they do! It's Bucky's BarBQ. I was really impressed with their meats and their sauce. My wife and I sampled a few different meats and really enjoyed it.

I wasn't as impressed with the sides, and next time I may limit the sides or try something new. We can let that pass because we are not there for sides. Let's face it...you don't go to the movie theatre for the ratings you give their soda or candy.

We've been back and will return. From all the traditional BarBECUE places we've visited so far I liked them best.

• Visited March 2014
“Not good, Very average”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I'm a native of Spartanburg that just moved over to Greenville. The BBQ was cooked perfectly I'm sure but not seasoned at all. The sauces were kind of bland, even the cole slaw needed seasoning. And what BBQ restaurant doesn't have fried okra and hush puppies?

I'll definitely be going back to my tried and true BBQ restaurants back in Spartanburg. Greenville needs some real BBQ.

1 Thank Jadams4
“Very Good BBQ”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stopped at Bucky's Roper Mountain Rd. location recently when we were in the area on family business. This is a simple restaurant where you order and pay at the counter. The Bar-B-Q was chopped in front of us and served on foam plates at the counter. Portions were ample. The Q was served with no sauce. Sauce was available in bottles on the table for those desiring it. Each plate came with two sides and drink for $7.99. My wife had a "light" plate but she saw no difference in portions from the regular plate I had. Indoor and outdoor seating is available. We were fairly impressed with the quality of the food. The value is excellent. We will most certainly return.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Eaton_Out
Greenville, South Carolina
“Old Fashioned BBQ and Service”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My wife and I stopped here the other day as we had read good reviews about this place. When you walk in you seat yourself and when ready walk up to the counter. Two men then take your order and fix your plate right there in front of you. I ordered the 3 rib special with cole slaw and baked beans. The ribs were the finest, most tender ribs I have ever had. Just the right amount of smoky flavor and fall off the bone goodness. My wife had the pulled pork bbq sandwich with cole slaw and potato salad. Her sandwich wasn't as good as my ribs as it had a lot of fat in it and didn't taste as good as she thought it should. The salads were piled high and the drinks were serve yourself. Nothing special here, just good old home bbq.

• Visited May 2014