“So good”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Easily the friendliest restaurant I have ever been in. But the food was fantastic. perfect in every way, loved the chopped/pulled pork, great sweet potato crunch.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Good BBQ place! Be sure to try their Sweet Potato casserole. Quirky décor, picnic style seating and good food. A good value for little money!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I thought Bucky's BBQ was just average. Not bad, not good, just ok. I can promise you that you have probably had better before. Now, Pappy's in St Louis....that's real BBQ...And I hate to say that, b/c I am a SC native...but Bucky's can't compare.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Bucky has come a long way from when he first opened and catered our neighborhood social. My son swears by his BBQ and is there with his friends quite often. The sweet potato crunch is the best thing on the menu (IMHO) but the chopped pork is done very well also. I haven't really found a second side that consistently appeals to me as the crunch does. I wish they would try making hash as I have to go to the LowCountry to get any good hash. I would also like for someone in the upstate to cook some brisket like they do in Lockhart, TX.

For now, though, Bucky's is a reliable mainstay that we'll return to.

1  Thank Toothsc
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

As a native east Carolinian, I came in with fairly low expectations. Given the hype, I had to give Bucky's a shot. I enjoyed the pork plate for lunch.

Here are my thoughts:
BBQ - pulled pork hickory smoked. Very moist with just the right amount of smoke flavor. Appeared to be a good blend of meat. The sauce, although not my favorite, was a very good sweet mustard sauce that complimented the pork very well.
Baked beans - perfect. Just the right amount of molasses.
Cole slaw - above average but fairly bland mix.

The atmosphere was very casual yet appropriate for a BBQ joint.

I'll be back!