“Very good BBQ for a great value!”
Review of Bucky's Bar-B-Q

Bucky's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #45 of 927 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Wilmington, NC
“Very good BBQ for a great value!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

As a native east Carolinian, I came in with fairly low expectations. Given the hype, I had to give Bucky's a shot. I enjoyed the pork plate for lunch.

Here are my thoughts:
BBQ - pulled pork hickory smoked. Very moist with just the right amount of smoke flavor. Appeared to be a good blend of meat. The sauce, although not my favorite, was a very good sweet mustard sauce that complimented the pork very well.
Baked beans - perfect. Just the right amount of molasses.
Cole slaw - above average but fairly bland mix.

The atmosphere was very casual yet appropriate for a BBQ joint.

I'll be back!

• Visited November 2013

Simpsonville, SC
“The Real Thing!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Bucky's is our favorite BBQ outlet in the Greenville area. It's BBQ the way BBQ is meant to be --- not 'gussied up' and not 'urbanized' to suit the PR folks and the social set. Stop in, get some ribs, and get sauce all over your face and hands. Try it, you'll like it. Bucky's offers ribs, chopped (not pulled) pork, and chicken -- no brisket on the menu here. Nice selection of sides including some 'to die for' sweet potato crunch and some 'down-home' green beans w/ham and onion. Non-alcoholic beverage incuded in the price of 'dinner' and 'plate' meals. No alcoholic beverages offered.

My only complaint is that Bucky's take Monday and Tuesday evenings off (closed) and I can't satisfy my desire for some 'good Q' every day of the week! And, they're closed all day Sundays.

1 Thank jgrove4005
anderson, SC
“mmmm, so good”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

we were in the area, so we decided to eat at buckys.I notced the prices were very reasonable. I was inpressed that the drinks was included in with meal. the bbq was very good even tho the bun was cold. I wish the sauce had been alittle thicker but the bbq was so good you didnt it.. all the sides was great but the one that stood out was the sweet pototo crunch. it was the best i have ever ate, even had to take some home with me. super nice people who worked there. it would be really nice if you added french fries to the menu. cant wait to go back mmmm.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Love Bucky's”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Bucky's is the real deal. Great BBQ for a reasonable price. The sides are homestyle and sauces are great ask for the hot it is behind the counter but well worth asking for.

• Visited August 2013
“Some of the best BBQ I have ever had and at a great price.”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We passed through on our way from Atlanta to North Carolina and found a gem in South Carolina. This BBQ was amazing, cheap and fast. The sweet potatoe crunch is a must have. I highly recommend this BBQ joint and look forward to stopping here again.

1 Thank Mcnabsco