“Rudest clerk in history”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #46 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because it was close to a nearby hospital where I was undergoing cancer surgery. My 17 year old son occupied one room, my sister and her adult daughter another. I was discharged somewhat unexpectedly. I instructed my son to call the front desk and request late. Checkout. The rudest clerk in the world refused said late checkouts were reserved for Privileged members, and that he was inconsiderate of the needs of others. It wasn't clear if she was talking about cleaning staff or guests checking in. In 72 years of traveling I've never been refused the courtesy of a late checkout and have never had a more compelling reason. I'm sorry I didn't read trip advisor before I booked a room. It seems my experience is not unusual. Don't encourage such poor customer service by staying at this hotel

Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Henry S

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I just got here and I want to leave. This place stinks. The air freshener is awful. The guy at the front desk was very rude. The neighborhood is sketchy. The pictures make it look nice but don't be fooled.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Lauren3077
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This hotel was the worst Choice hotel we've ever stayed in. We were concerned for safety due to loitering at entrances, card swipe at side entrance didn't work so door was always propped open, we heard loud music from Taco Bell drive-up outside our window until 2AM, & room door safety guard didn't keep it from being pushed open. We felt hotel neighborhood was unsafe. Tub drain was clogged, mold in shower, heating/cooling unit didn't work right, bath door didn't latch, comforter stained, & only luggage cart didn't steer properly. When we brought our clothes & luggage in on cart, we had to pass through smokers, incl employees, who hung out at entrances. Ramped access to entrance was inconveniently located & almost too narrow for cart. Parking was extremely insufficient. Staff unfriendly except lady at check-in. Last straw was at breakfast when staff person was just sitting watching TV & then during breakfast, we heard thundering noise from above. Fitness room treadmill was being used & was located directly above breakfast room. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel was completely re-furbished only 2 years ago I believe, but it's just not up to par. Our bathroom tub/shower was not even caulked in places, big gaps, who knows what could be growing in there. There was a huge headboard installed over the bed, but no electric outlet on one side of the bed, so the lamp could not even be plugged in. Why housekeeping doesn't report these things is beyond me. Because we were there on a warm Dec weekend, we didn't need heat until the next morning, and not only was the wall unit unplugged, but it didn't work once we did plug it in and do all the dials correctly. When we reported all the things wrong with the room, very nicely, the front desk never apologized or anything close to that. They said nothing! The smaller things were that there was no list of TV channels in the room, they said they didn't have one to give me either. There also was no TV Guide channel or any other channel to give you a listing of stations, so it was a very slow process to find my news station. At breakfast, the juice machine contained room temp juices and milk. When I noted that as kindly as I could to the breakfast lady,(as she played solitaire on the lobby computer) she shrugged her shoulders. I guess she didn't care if the bacteria grew in there with no refrigeration. Everything in our room had been unplugged, all the lights and the refrigerator. Who is managing this place? Where are they?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Criti-gal
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel was fully booked because of a Clemson football game, but the hotel seemed completely unprepared for it. Housekeeping seemed overwhelmed. They ran out of some items of food for the breakfast. The breakfast attendant spent most of her time playing computer games on the lobby computer. The waffle machine was broken. Our room was poorly cleaned. The coffee machine was not cleaned and linens not changed. At one point, the elevator was not working. Parking is limited. Spend a little extra and stay downt.own!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BobJefferson23936
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Opening the door to the lobby, a cloud of overly perfumed air scent nearly takes your breath away. the kind of scent used to cover up a lack of cleanliness. Though i was the only guest in the lobby, I had to wait until the young female desk clerk finished texting on her cell phone. In my reservations I had requested a nonsmoking room. When I asked to confirm I would get a nonsmoking room, I was told in a very sassy voice that "every room is non smoking".

When I opened the door to the room a bellow of cigarette smoke hit me hard. The room reeked. I returned to the front desk and reported that the room clearly had, had a heavy smoking guest. The desk clerk said she would have to check it out and precedes to leave without reassigning us to another room. When I asked if she could give us a new room before she checked the room she said she would have to check it and write a report. Upon my persistence for another room, she huffily reassigned us to another room.

The second room did not smell of cigarettes but like the lobby was heavily sprayed with an "air freshener." As this room was on the second floor we opened the window and left for some sight seeing and dinner. Four hours later, the room was still a bit stinky but I thought it would be tolerable. By morning we all had a sore throat and our noses felt raw on the inside.

Though the staff at this hotel were rude and certainly not customer service oriented, Greenville is a great town. Everyone else, everywhere we went were friendly, pleasant and very helpful. This was our first trip to Greenville but we will be returning soon and often but never to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, b ut if you do stay here, get an upper level so you can open the windows to c...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RJF2017
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The best thing I can say is that it was in the right place. This place needs some upkeep maintainance. In our bathroom the top of the commode take was completely gone. In my parents room, there was a broken door stop with very sharp metal edges (a lawsuit just waiting to happen.) We also had only lukewarm water for taking a bath.
The breakfast was the normal Comfort Inn meal, however, the breakfast "person" did not show up for her shift, and the front dest person was trying her best to do both jobs. Not a good way to start the day, I'm sure.
Unless this location is just where you need to be, you would do better somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family