“not what you're expecting”

Extended Stay America - Greenville - Airport
Ranked #43 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here. He is air force and we are PCSing to Japan. We needed a place to stay that was pet friendly with the ability to cook for a full week prior to our flight. For the price this is not at all what we expected. Price too high. Pet Fee Beds uncomfortable. Small rooms. No toaster oven. Dirty. Roof has leak spots. Mold. No cleaning supplies for full kitchenette. Poor Water Pressure. Breakfast consist of coffee, oatmeal, snack bars, and fruit...and a very small amount of it.
The only good thing I can say is the staff is friendly. I would recommend staying some place else.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greenville - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It was disheartening to read that we were unable to meet your needs during your stay with us; however, I am so happy to hear that the staff was friendly and welcoming. I do apologize for the cleanliness and I will talk with my housekeeping staff about these issues.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Greenville - Airport

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We relocated and just completed our visit of over two weeks at Greenville, South Carolina.
Great location , food eateries, shopping and highways very close by. Staff were very helpful.
Very pleased. Highly recommend.
Pet friendly too.

Room Tip: 2nd floor seemed to be very convinent.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greenville - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We spent about 10 weeks at the hotel. We sold our house and had to locate a new property. The facility is good. Room was clean. Their exercise partner was Pivitol Fitness, an excellent gym. The facilities were adequate and in my opinion value priced. The location is excellent. What makes this hotel stand out is the staff. Over the course of the stay, I think we met all the staff. Everyone made us feel special including our dog. The General manager and all the associates seemed to be a cohesive team with a single mission - exceed the guests expectations. We give them an A+!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jack D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greenville - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Jack - Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your clean room, our hotel's location and the fitness facilities we have on-site. As well, we appreciate the kind words regarding our staff.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was our first time staying at this hotel chain. We wanted to stay two nights to rest up from lots of driving, but I was not willing to pay $50 extra for our two cats. They said it was for cleaning, because some people are allergic. Common sense dictates that hotels provide guests with "pet friendly" rooms so folks with allergies do not have problems. It was a really nice, clean room and the bathroom and shower were nice as well. The bed was extremely comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was a "grab and go" nothing special. It was nice, but when you are travelling, spending over $100 a night for a room is bit much.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheryl D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greenville - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Sheryl - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are so happy that you found the bed in your room to be comfortable and your room to be clean overall. I am sorry that you were unhappy with our pet policy; however, we do have this in place so we can thoroughly clean each room after a guest checks out of the hotel. Still, we do appreciate your comments, and will definitely bring them to the attention of our Upper Management.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

As a first time visitor to this hotel brand, I was pleasantly surprised to find a squeaky clean two star rated inn. The room was well equipped with a full sized refrigerator, microwave, dishes, etc. We came to the area for my grandson to participate in a soccer jamboree.

After this a one night no frills stay, I realized that I have erred over the years by not considering good quality two star rated hotels and inns. I will seek out this hotel brand for future travel plans. The location was excellent, all we had to do was follow the road that the inn is located on to the phenomenal soccer complex.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wmleken
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greenville - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so thrilled to hear that you were pleased with your stay at our location in Greenville. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while in transition moving from one home to another. The place was great but I was especially impressed with the staff. It was these four that I had the pleasure of seeing and dealing with most often. Always very accommodating, really positive and upbeat, I was really impressed that they remember their guests names...and these days with life moving 100 miles an hour, it's nice to be remembered. Although at times they were very busy, they were still able to provide the best hospitality and professionalism I have experienced in quite a long time. You can tell that they enjoy what they do and that they enjoy working together. They have made staying at this hotel an extremely pleasant experience.
Thanks you guys!
Caroline Goodson

Room Tip: I am a big fan of fresh air. You are able to open the windows of all the rooms and that's very i...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Caroline G
Jennifer M, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greenville - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff here at the Greenville location. We do try to make everyone feel "at home" during their stay and to also let the guests know that they are important to us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Some Extended Stay Hotels are really good, if you take the price per night into account.

I had a not so good experience when I stayed in this hotel this summer for several weeks. Some of the staff was rude and they did not clean up my room once a week. It was more like once every two weeks. When they "cleaned" it, only the bathroom was cleaned. I placed some small peanut pieces on the floor of my room to see if they vacuum it, but the peanuts were still in place after cleaning. I also marked my bed-linen on a hidden spot with a sharpie to see if it got exchanged....guess what? They just put the linen in place again without replacing it. Disgusting! I also had to talk to the manager when I wanted fresh towels, because the normal staff denied it and laughed at me. They also served complimentary coffee, but about half of the time some supplies like cups, lids, sugar, or coffee milk were missing. They also offer two versions of internet speed. The free version sets you back to the 90's, dial-up for the most. If you want useable internet then upgrade!

I would not have stayed in this hotel anymore, if my company did not push me very hard to give it another try. And this time it is a complete different experience!!! Room cleaning got much better, bed linen gets actually replaced and they cleaned my room 4 times in 3 weeks. The staff is also much friendlier and customer service is no longer a foreign word to them. They also upgraded their complementary offerings. Like in all other Extended Stay Hotels where I have been so far, they now offer a choice of different coffee blends, are no longer short on supplies and they also have cereals, fresh fruits and muffins for breakfast. This is no longer the bad place that it was half a year ago! I would come back into this hotel again without any hesitation!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business