“Surprisingly Clean and Functional Stay”

Extended Stay America - Greenville - Airport
Ranked #43 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Columbia, SC
“Surprisingly Clean and Functional Stay”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

As a first time visitor to this hotel brand, I was pleasantly surprised to find a squeaky clean two star rated inn. The room was well equipped with a full sized refrigerator, microwave, dishes, etc. We came to the area for my grandson to participate in a soccer jamboree.

After this a one night no frills stay, I realized that I have erred over the years by not considering good quality two star rated hotels and inns. I will seek out this hotel brand for future travel plans. The location was excellent, all we had to do was follow the road that the inn is located on to the phenomenal soccer complex.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank wmleken
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greenville - Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so thrilled to hear that you were pleased with your stay at our location in Greenville. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Greenville
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while in transition moving from one home to another. The place was great but I was especially impressed with the staff. It was these four that I had the pleasure of seeing and dealing with most often. Always very accommodating, really positive and upbeat, I was really impressed that they remember their guests names...and these days with life moving 100 miles an hour, it's nice to be remembered. Although at times they were very busy, they were still able to provide the best hospitality and professionalism I have experienced in quite a long time. You can tell that they enjoy what they do and that they enjoy working together. They have made staying at this hotel an extremely pleasant experience.
Thanks you guys!
Caroline Goodson

Room Tip: I am a big fan of fresh air. You are able to open the windows of all the rooms and that's very i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Caroline G
Jennifer M, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greenville - Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff here at the Greenville location. We do try to make everyone feel "at home" during their stay and to also let the guests know that they are important to us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Lewis Center, Ohio
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Some Extended Stay Hotels are really good, if you take the price per night into account.

I had a not so good experience when I stayed in this hotel this summer for several weeks. Some of the staff was rude and they did not clean up my room once a week. It was more like once every two weeks. When they "cleaned" it, only the bathroom was cleaned. I placed some small peanut pieces on the floor of my room to see if they vacuum it, but the peanuts were still in place after cleaning. I also marked my bed-linen on a hidden spot with a sharpie to see if it got exchanged....guess what? They just put the linen in place again without replacing it. Disgusting! I also had to talk to the manager when I wanted fresh towels, because the normal staff denied it and laughed at me. They also served complimentary coffee, but about half of the time some supplies like cups, lids, sugar, or coffee milk were missing. They also offer two versions of internet speed. The free version sets you back to the 90's, dial-up for the most. If you want useable internet then upgrade!

I would not have stayed in this hotel anymore, if my company did not push me very hard to give it another try. And this time it is a complete different experience!!! Room cleaning got much better, bed linen gets actually replaced and they cleaned my room 4 times in 3 weeks. The staff is also much friendlier and customer service is no longer a foreign word to them. They also upgraded their complementary offerings. Like in all other Extended Stay Hotels where I have been so far, they now offer a choice of different coffee blends, are no longer short on supplies and they also have cereals, fresh fruits and muffins for breakfast. This is no longer the bad place that it was half a year ago! I would come back into this hotel again without any hesitation!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank StefanHartl
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very polite customer oriented business. Meet with a smile and felt very welcome. Smooth quick check in and so polite. Room was well maintained very clean and sanitary. Reported problem with A/C and within 20 minutes maintenance was replacing unit. The desk clerk was very helpful with any questions and concerns as far as billing, directions, and local restaurants. Iris was especially helpful and addressed all questions and concerns we had. She was fluent in German and Spanish as we noticed when she interacted with guest. Would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Derryl J
cripley, Owner at Extended Stay America - Greenville - Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed this hotel. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Asheville, NC
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Booked on Hotwire. Was told by staff at check-in that room with two double beds WAS NOT AVAILABLE. Checked Extended Stay America's website once in the room to find all types of rooms with two double beds available. Called desk clerk, and called her out on it. She said "let me double check....<pause>. oh we do have a room with two double beds but it will be a $20 upcharge." Tired, upset, and ready for sleep I didn't feel like changing rooms. My mother and I "bunked it" in the room on the uncomfortably hard beds. Woke up feeling really sore and unrested. The hotel was quiet, mostly clean, and in a great location- but someone needs to give a class on honesty and courtesy to front desk staff. Instead of being telling a guest a room type isn't available tell them the room IS available but with a nominal upgrade fee! Stop treating third-party Internet reservation guests (Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com) customers like the value they received by booking online was in vain.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank cmaki0816
cripley, Owner at Extended Stay America - Greenville - Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that this hotel did not meet your expectations. I am visitnig this week to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate comments. I hope that you will contact me directly, at cripley@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is a very dated property. My stay here was very eventful. 2 fire evacuations 1 in the late evening the other before 9am.
My original room had a dangling broken draw in the kitchen- i alerted the staff and was ..made to feel like a bit of a pest for bringing to their attention, I did't pitch a fit, I just wanted to let them know I didn't do it, and maybe it could be fixed - if i had a hammer!- I was then escorted to the room next door, where the staff tapped proudly on the tv and said Hey you get a bigger t.v.-??
The shower curtain is about 4-5 inches to long, which gives you the option to fight it while washing or fling it onto the already damaged bathroom floor. - these things I didn't mention to the staff, due to the fact that every time I looked out my window, went to the store (Bi-Lo) I realized I could had stayed elsewhere. lots of options right out my window, on both sides and I was to tired to drag all my crap back to my truck- so never ever will i ever stay at this property again. I should have exercised my options and maybe I would have gotten a better bed/bath/room and no evacuations.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rescue247
Reviewed March 8, 2012

If you are having a hard time and need a place to stay please do not come here. The check in girl made a mistake on my paperwork and was unreasonably rude. Then the next day I was called and harassed by another rude person, the manager of the establishment. I should have known not to stay here when the "model" room had a pair of mens underpants on the floor, the second room had a tub filled with water, and the third reeked of smoke. You would think someone would have apologized for my inconvenience but in fact they just tried to charge me for the second night when I wanted to leave. Worst hotel experience of my life!!!

• Stayed March 2012