“Nice for Business Trip”

Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport
Ranked #24 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I've Now stayed at this location twice (both times for a week). Upon arrival the staff were quick and efficient and the hotel even had a list of guests arriving with Marriott Elite Status (First Name and Last Initial). It doesn't seem like much but at least you know they care about the frequent travelers that are staying with them. The front staff placed me in an upper floor room away from the elevators which is always helpful in having a quiet stay. The rooms were nice, large, and spacious. Unlike some hotels I've stayed at, this location had LCD TVs which allowed you to connect your computer (via HDMI) which is nice for watching movies. The breakfast and internet here were nice perks (they had wired internet as well as wireless).

Both times I've stayed here have been enjoyable for a business trip. There are several restaurants nearby, however, this hotel is tucked away near a wooded area and quite peaceful. I'll definitely stay here again when in Grenville.

Room Tip: High floors away from the elevators are best.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ray_priddy
karleeray, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you so much for the comments and for staying with us and if you are back in the area please come stay with us again. Have a great day

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We requested a room in a quiet location at the time of reservation. Upon check-in we reminded the desk clerk that we were in town on business and would like a quiet location as we needed to make calls and work on the computer in our room. The desk clerk gave us a long spiel about the hotel clientele being "all business" and that noise is not an issue. Not so much! The hotel was hosting a LARGE group of the worst behaved children I have ever seen. We were kept up all night by kids screaming and running through the hallways. We complained to the front desk but nothing was ever done. When we tried to contact the desk clerk later, he let the phone ring and ring and then picked up the phone and immediately hung up on us (twice!!). The rooms are very tired looking (chipped countertops, scratched mirrors, marks on walls, etc...) The one bright spot was the EXCEPTIONAL housekeeping. Our room was VERY clean. We had high hopes for this hotel but will NOT return. This is not a hotel for business people looking for a quiet place to work and sleep. If you are someone who enjoys screaming children this is the spot for you!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
karleeray, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Good Morning please accept my apology for the inconvience that you may have experienced while staying at our hotel. We did have a lot of kids in because of a baseball tournament in Greenville which lasted almost a week. I do apologize again and if you are back in our area please come and give us another try. Thank You

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our mini stay-cation... Most of the front desk staff were very nice... Carmen doesn't smile much but oh well.. Breakfast set-up and choices exceeded my expectation. The housekeepers were quite pleasant and respectful. They acknowledge and greet you every time they see you in the hallways..
I had an issue with my room that required that I move to a new room on the last night of the stay. That's about the only negative thing that happened on my stay.

PS.. The pillows are horrible.. :-). I asked the housekeepers to bring us different pillows and they brought 3more of the same horrible pillows.. lol .. I see a pillow renovation coming...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A Émylyã B
karleeray, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for the comments about our hotel it will help us be a better property in the furture. Thank You for staying with us and come back and see us soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was a little unhappy with my stay here at this hotel. Slow tub drain, very noisy A/C and Fridge were the problems for me. The bed was just okay and other than there were no problems. I dont know I will come back here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SD882
karleeray, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the inconvenience that you may have experience while staying with us this will help us in the furture to be become a better hotel. Thank you for staying with us and if you are back in the area give us another try. Have a great day.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband, daughter and I stayed for the weekend in Greenville. The hotel staff was dynamic, very knowledgable of what to do and to see. They were able to direct appropriately. The only downfall was there was some sort of athletic championship going on and children from all over the tri-state area seemed to be housed at our hotel. There was a lack of parental supervision as well as hotel staff preventing the children from running around the hotel.

The hotel itself was clean and the price was great! When we go again, we will look for a hotel closer to the city center, however for what we needed, this was great too!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Miajack22
karleeray, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank You very much for the comments and I do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experience.Please come back to see us if you are in our area. have a great day.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Other than a slightly slow tub drain, there were no problems with this one night stay. The check in was friendly and efficient. The room was clean and adequate. Television reception was good. Internet service was very good. There are many dining choices within walking distance. I'd not hesitate to stay there again. The "breakfast" was definitely continental which is standard for most of the Fairfield Inns that I've stayed in, so if you're very hungry, you might consider taking advantage of alternate dining locations.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
karleeray, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and also for the kind words. We appreciate the comments this will help us in the furture to be a better hotel and we will take care of that slow drain. Come back to see us again soon. Thanks You

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was my second time staying in this hotel, and it was even better than the first time. My family lives in Greenville, so I'm always looking for an affordable, clean, and up to my standards place to stay when I'm there. After reading the reviews recently, I was afraid the hotel had gone down, but I took my chance. I'm glad I did. You could not ask for a better location, and my room was spacious and, most importantly, very clean! There is a microwave and refridge. in the room, which is most convenient. Also, the breakfast was a plus and better than the other hotels in which I've stayed in that same area. I also appreciated the cleanliness and quietness around the entire hotel. The only complaint would be - I asked for a late check out because I was not feeling so well before traveling, and I was only given 30 minutes. Overall, I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank You very much for staying with us when you are in greenville and we hope that you will come back again real soon. I hope you are feeling better and I apologize for the 30 minute late check out. Thank You for this comment it will be passed on to our employees so we can get this problem fixed and it want happen again. Thank you again and I hope you have a great day.