“Great room and service but heat up the breakfast!!”

Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport
Ranked #38 of 63 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed here on a Friday night and were very pleased with the size of the room and kitchen facility. The bed was comfortable. the room and bathe were clean. Front desk staff was efficient and courteous. Unfortunately, for the breakfast buffet the next morning the eggs and sausage were merely warm and the potatoes were cold. Service people seemed slow in clean up.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicole A, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2015

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are humbled and very glad you had a great stay. If you are ever in the Greenville, SC area I hope you will stay with us again.

Again, thank you.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband was on an extended stay here for work and I decided to drive down for a visit. The Suite was very nice - a tv in the bedroom and the living room with a door to close between. the bathroom was nice and spacious with a sink and closet area that opened into the bedroom and a closed door for the shower and toilet. There was a great sectional style couch in the living room as well as a small desk and small kitchen table. The kitchen itself had a dishwasher, full size fridge, dishes and silverware, microwave and stove top counter. All the decor - pillows, paint, framed art was very bold and modern. Our window looked out to the woods with spring blooms in the trees.
I brought our dog with us and the staff was very friendly towards him, learning his name and offering head scratches and treats.
They also even recommended a local oil change when I mentioned it was on our agenda for the day and they were the friendliest quick stop I have ever experienced.
The hotel aside from the room was very clean and up to date. We were able to sit on the patio and enjoy the gas firepit and cook our dinner on the large outdoor grill. They also had a small tennis/basketball court area and a small outdoor pool.
This location is close to the local Bi Lo (you can walk) as well as many other fast food and sit down places to eat and not far from downtown Greenville (Falls Park at the Reedy is a must).
This was truly one of the best experiences I have had at a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Leanne R, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

I am so glad you had such a great experience at our hotel. We are very blessed to have such a wonderful staff that cares so genuinely about our guests. We hope we get to see you again!!

Leanne Bryan

Reviewed December 23, 2013

This property is going through renovation and needs it. You can tell this property is a Franchise Owned Residence Inn. BEDS NEED TO BE REPLACED, even though the renovation rooms are nice. The complete hotel needs to be renovated. Carpet needs to be steamed clean, if not replaced throughout the hotel. STAFF WAS NICE and FRIENDLY. Something I expect when I stay at any Marriott Property. This Residence Inn does not get CBS on their TV, which is a MAJOR GRIPE to me, especially on Sunday when I want to watch NFL football on CBS Sunday Football games. CBS is one of the MAJOR CHANNELS for any market in the United States and needs to be available in this Residence Inn, as one of the channels of choice on the "in room" TVs....

Room Tip: Check to see if they have completed their renovations and if they have CBS available yet on their TV...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Leanne R, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

My name is Leanne Roof and I am the General Manager here at Residence Inn, Greenville, SC. First I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay here. It is our goal to give you a 100% satisfactory stay that you have come to expect from Marriott, and I am truly sorry we missed the mark in your case. We posted alerts on our website and have done our very best to inform all incoming guests of our renovation, but unfortunately we were unable to reach everyone. We also have worked very hard to insure there is as little disruption to our guests as possible, however, with our kitchen and lobby completely shut down, it has been a very tough obstacle for us to overcome. We strive on a daily basis to keep our hotel clean and functional for our guests during this time. Regarding CBS, we typically offer this channel, however due to a dispute between CBS and DishNetwork, DishNetwork currently is not allowing CBS to air. Unfortunately this is completely out of our hands. Lastly, regarding the beds, I have submitted your complaint to the team that makes renovation decisions. Unfortunately, these decisions are not made here on property.
Mr. Kirkpatrick, your satisfaction is our #1 goal. We truly appreciate your feedback so that we can continue to work towards serving our guests better. We genuinely appreciate your business and your loyalty to Marriott.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I spent a night in this hotel for a night! For the really affordable price, I was really surprised of the quality. Rooms are really big and quiet! It's a perfect hotel if you have to stay for several days. The breakfast is average but for the price, it's very good. There is a lot of bars/restaurants around the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Again, thank you.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Despite of the bad reviews we decided to stay at the RI near GSP again and were not disappointed. Sure the decor is somewhat 90ish but everything is clean and well maintained. We always liked the almost residential location which gives it a nice homey feel and yet you are just a couple of minutes from I-85, near restaurants and grocery stores.
The hotel was pretty busy since we stayed into Labor-day weekend but we have had no problems with noise or smells.
The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room, beds and breakfast were great. We would not hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Leanne R, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are very much looking forward to our renovation beginning in November to update our older look. We hope you will visit us again! We truly appreciate your business and your feedback!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had a group gather for Labor Day weekend. The staff at this motel could not have been more pleasant. They were able to give us directions to places we wanted to see. The pool outside is not very large but we had fun out by the pool. They also have a gas fire outside so we used it to make smores. Fun times!!

Room Tip: Our room had a double bed and a sleeper sofa with a full kitchen.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We genuinely appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future!!!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I read all of the reviews as I always do since I travel for work about 250 days out of the year. I picked this despite the couple mentions of cigarette smoke smells since I've not had a problem with that at a Residence Inn before. As a Platinum member of Marriott, I've stayed at numerous properties. While this location is clean and quiet, the rooms are clearly dated. While that doesn't make or break it for me, the cigarette smoke I could smell seeping in through the bathroom vents does. The desk agent was nice and offered to see what she could do, but it didn't stop so I left after 1 night. I will say that I was surprised when I told the morning desk agent I'd be leaving early and cancelled my next 3 stays as well she did not inquire about the reason.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Leanne R, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I am truly sorry for the issues you experienced as a guest of our hotel. We strive on a daily basis to go above and beyond for your guests and give you a most comfortable stay. I genuinely apologize that we missed the mark in your case. I assure you we share your frustration when guests choose to smoke in our non-smoking hotel, and we do our very best to address this issue. We hope that you will view this as an isolated incident, and not let it affect your opinion of our hotel. We are getting a much needed "face-lift" beginning in November and hope you will give us another chance to WOW you if you are visiting the Greenville area. We truly appreciate your feedback, your business, and your loyalty to Marriott.

Leanne Roof