“Perfect location, great front desk staff, housekeeping needs improvement”

Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport
Ranked #33 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Los Angeles, California
“Perfect location, great front desk staff, housekeeping needs improvement”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for over two months and thought it was great except for housekeeping. Its about a 7-10 minute drive from the airport and tucked back in this residential area off the main road so it felt more like home than a typical hotel. Its close to the major mall and around 15 minutes to downtown. You can walk to two different grocery stores and a couple of restaurants like Ruby Tuesday's. The rooms haven't been updated so they are the older Residence Inn style but the hotel is very quiet and comfortable. One side backs up to woods so I highly recommend one of those if you are looking for peace and quiet.

The front desk staff was great but I was disappointed in housekeeping. If I didn't leave my trash can in the middle of the room it wouldn't get emptied - I not sure why they don't check under the sink where the trash can is located? Many times they would empty my dishwasher with dirty dishes. I would grab a bowl or a glass and it was dirty - again, I don't get why they wouldn't just leave it in the dishwasher dirty or run it?

All of that being said I really do like this hotel and its where I have stayed when travelling back to Greenville. With the exception of spending a lot of money to stay in downtown Greenville I wouldn't stay anywhere else when visiting.

Room Tip: If you want quiet and privacy ask to face the back. If you like a lot of light their corner studios...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Leanne R, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hello! I greatly appreciate you taking time to give us such great feedback. We have been working very hard over the last few months to make some great improvements here at Residence Inn, and one of our focus areas has been the consistency of our housekeeping staff. I truly believe we have done a great job to better this area. I also appreciate your kind comments about our front desk staff. I hope you will stay with us on your next trip to Greenville, SC, to see our hard work. Thanks again for your feedback. We genuinely appreciate your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I chose to stay at this Residence Inn because I was travelling with family for a wedding this past weekend. Much to our dismay, this NONSMOKING hotel cannot do anything about smoking guests. A chain-smoker was enjoying blowing smoke nonstop that flooded our room with smoke.

We called the front desk. We called again. And again. We got excuses of why they could do absolutely nothing. The smoking continued and of course continued the next miserable morning as the smoker rose before daylight & lit up another one!!!

With a raw sore throat, sinuses irritated, coughing, sneezing, along with my children and sleep- deprived- I could hardly wait to get home to my Heavenly Bed especially since the mattresses here were not any good anyway....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am very sorry about the smoking issue during your stay with us. Having a small child with asthma, I truly understand what an inconvenience another guest can cause when they choose to smoke. There is a protocol we are required to follow when we suspect a guest is smoking, and I am very sorry that a proper resolution was not reached for you and your family. It is our goal to give you a comfortable, clean room with service that exceeds your expectations. I fully intend to follow up with my staff so that in the future, these matters can be handled more appropriately. I appreciate your feedback and genuinely appreciate your business.
RI, USA
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Every staff person you encounter will smile at you and say hello. 'Glad you are staying here, I will do whatever I can for you' smiles - not those pathetic smiles of waiters/waitresses forced to sing you happy birthday at chain restaurants.

I expected it from front desk folks but also got it from housekeeping, breakfast buffet people and maintenance man.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are very pleased that you had such a pleasant stay. We look forward to seeing you again!!
Wheaton, Illinois
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Needed a 2 bedroom suite during our recent stay to Greenville. I found the hotel to be very worn. Our couch was broken in the middle, the chair in the living room was broken and unusable. Cigarette smoke was coming in through one of our bathroom vents. All very disappointing. I know I could have complained but not sure it would matter. This hotel just has alot of wear and tear especially for what we paid.
The good things about our stay were a friendly staff and the morning breakfast was well done.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kpWheaton
GSPRI, Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. I do apologize for the furniture that was in your room, and the cigarette smoke coming through the vents. If you could please call or e-mail me, I would like to compensate you for the inconvenience and experience that you received. We want every guest to have a great experience at our hotel. I thank you for the kind comments about the friendly staff and breakfast. The exciting news for our hotel is that we are planning a renovation for fourth quarter of this year! I do hope that you visit us again in the future. My e-mail is ri.gspri.gm@marriott.com.

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I would have given a three if the television worked, sound and no video. Could use an update and it appeared the lotion and shampoo were re-used. It was OK for the price. The bed was not as comfortable as other Residence Inns.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank djr311
GSPRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Good afternoon, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I apologize that the experience that you received was not top notch. I do hope that we were able to take care of the TV before you left. I truly appreciate your feedback so we can better ourselves. Yes the beds are a little worn; we are in the process of planning a renovation for 2013. Maybe when you travel back to SC it will have been completed. Thank you again and I hope to see you on your next adventure to Greenville.

At Your Service,
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Several of my colleagues stayed here for weeks at a time and had positive things to say. The next time I went to Greenville I gave this place a try. The location is excellent, well off the interstate but still very close. There is a Bi-Lo supermarket nearby as well as great restaurants.

Check in was much quicker than most hotels - everything was already prepared from my reservation and I only had to show ID and credit card. The room had the same layout as the last Residence Inn I stayed at. There is a full kitchen and that full-size refrigerator is so nice to have when on the road. The flatscreen TV's (one in each room) have some HD channels but not all. What mattered to me was Monday Night Football and there is ESPN HD. There is also HBO in HD and a few other good channels.

I didn't have any issues with the internet. I used the wireless in my room and it was plenty fast - there were no problems so I didn't really think too much about it.

My only complaint was my neighbor's TV was loud enough to keep me from sleeping. I noticed that my TV didn't have a clamp on the volume like some hotels do - I could turn my TV up absurdly loud. I called the front desk and they asked my neighbor to turn it down but I think it made the neighbor mad because the TV seemed to get louder. I packed up and went to the front desk and asked to be switched to another room. The desk clerk was accommodating. This room was a different layout than the two-room suite, but I liked it better. I'd choose the standard room if I were to return. This room was very quiet - no neighbors!

As far as cleanliness, comfort of the bed, the HVAC, etc. I have no complaints. I have made this my Greenville hotel of choice and recommend it to others.

This hotel is pet-friendly, one colleague suffered from pet allergies that didn't affect me.

Room Tip: Corner rooms don't have a neighbor with a TV, your bed is on an outside wall.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your comments. I happy that you had a great stay. We have been readjusting the volume for future guests. I am sorry that you had to move rooms. Make sure if and when you return to drop by my office so I can say Hi.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Sincerly,

Florida
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Ok, Marriott redeemed itself from a bad experience the night before. We had a very nice stay at this property. Lakista Gilliam (Asst. Gen Manager)was delightful, friendly and very informative. The food was excellent and YES ! I highly recommend this property. Oh and the bed - fantastic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GSPRI, Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I am so happy that you enjoyed yourself at our hotel. We are very lucky to have Lakista on our team. She joined our team in 2005, working in Breakfast and Social. The she moved over to the Front Desk and later promoted as the Asst. Gen Manger. She is a jewel! When you travel back to Greenville I would love to meet you in person. Thank you for your kind comments and I will make sure to share them with Lakista.