“A great place to stay”

Ranked #35 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Charlotte, NC
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Several of my colleagues stayed here for weeks at a time and had positive things to say. The next time I went to Greenville I gave this place a try. The location is excellent, well off the interstate but still very close. There is a Bi-Lo supermarket nearby as well as great restaurants.

Check in was much quicker than most hotels - everything was already prepared from my reservation and I only had to show ID and credit card. The room had the same layout as the last Residence Inn I stayed at. There is a full kitchen and that full-size refrigerator is so nice to have when on the road. The flatscreen TV's (one in each room) have some HD channels but not all. What mattered to me was Monday Night Football and there is ESPN HD. There is also HBO in HD and a few other good channels.

I didn't have any issues with the internet. I used the wireless in my room and it was plenty fast - there were no problems so I didn't really think too much about it.

My only complaint was my neighbor's TV was loud enough to keep me from sleeping. I noticed that my TV didn't have a clamp on the volume like some hotels do - I could turn my TV up absurdly loud. I called the front desk and they asked my neighbor to turn it down but I think it made the neighbor mad because the TV seemed to get louder. I packed up and went to the front desk and asked to be switched to another room. The desk clerk was accommodating. This room was a different layout than the two-room suite, but I liked it better. I'd choose the standard room if I were to return. This room was very quiet - no neighbors!

As far as cleanliness, comfort of the bed, the HVAC, etc. I have no complaints. I have made this my Greenville hotel of choice and recommend it to others.

This hotel is pet-friendly, one colleague suffered from pet allergies that didn't affect me.

Room Tip: Corner rooms don't have a neighbor with a TV, your bed is on an outside wall.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GSPRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. I happy that you had a great stay. We have been readjusting the volume for future guests. I am sorry that you had to move rooms. Make sure if and when you return to drop by my office so I can say Hi.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Sincerly,

Rita Vaughn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Florida
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Ok, Marriott redeemed itself from a bad experience the night before. We had a very nice stay at this property. Lakista Gilliam (Asst. Gen Manager)was delightful, friendly and very informative. The food was excellent and YES ! I highly recommend this property. Oh and the bed - fantastic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GSPRI, Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I am so happy that you enjoyed yourself at our hotel. We are very lucky to have Lakista on our team. She joined our team in 2005, working in Breakfast and Social. The she moved over to the Front Desk and later promoted as the Asst. Gen Manger. She is a jewel! When you travel back to Greenville I would love to meet you in person. Thank you for your kind comments and I will make sure to share them with Lakista.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed 2-nights for business. Overall, the stay was good but the hotel fell short by offering extras which were disappointing. Specifically, they offer a happy hour with bland chicken patties, cheap chardonnay, and a pitcher of bed light.It was not worth hanging around for. Breakfast offering wasn't much better. If you are going to offer these perks, spend a few dollars more and make it worthwhile. The rooms and property are what you expect from a Residence Inn and the staff were all friendly, welcoming and pleasant. On the plus side, location is great for business and family travelers...near the airport, off the interstate and surrounded by restaurants, grocery, etc.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GSPRI, Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your recent stay. I apologize that our food offerings did not meet your expectations. The staff and I are going look at options to serve with the chicken patties, maybe some honey – mustard and or BBQ sauce. I am very happy that your overall experience was good!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

This extended stay hotel was very clean and quiet. Also, unlike most extended stays, your room is cleaned daily unless you request otherwise. If you call their sales dept, you can get a better rate than the front desk can give you. Breakfast is excellent!

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you so much for you wonderful comments. I am happy that we were able to meet your expectations. Look forward to serving you again when you traveling through Greenvill again.

Wilmington, DE
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I have stayed here twice in the past month or so and had trouble with the internet both times. Wireless is not strong enough to reach all rooms, which is fine, but the wired internet is not dependable either. I didn't bother to complain on the first visit because I didn't have a critical need and I just figured it was a one time issue. But this week I made the effort to call the toll free number and work with technical support to solve the issue. After about 10 minutes of troubleshooting he concluded that there must be something wrong with the hardware in my room. He also noted that about 20 people were on the system, so it wasn't a system issue. I reported the issue to the desk in the morning and learned that it was a capacity issue. Apparently the system can't accommodate more than about 20 users! This hotel has 78 rooms, which translates into a lot of business people competing for internet. This is a fatal flaw in my book because I need that access to keep my business running while on the road.

I was also disappointed by the condition of the rooms and had too many maintenance issues. Shortly after arriving in the room during my first visit I wanted to place a wake up call. The phone did not work. I tried the phone in the second bedroom but the cord was broken. Fortunately, I was able to make up one good phone using the available parts and made the call. The fridge was so loud that I could even hear it through the bedroom door, and I had to turn it off so I could sleep. In the middle of the night, the toilet started to run. I am good with plumbing, but this was a bad valve (no option to adjust). I reported the toilet problem to the desk in the morning and it was repaired. On my second visit, I had problems with the light over the sink for three mornings in a row (reported each time). The property is in need of a total upgrade. I'm sure it is difficult for maintenance to keep things working.

The people have been very nice, so none of this should reflect on them. But I'll choose to spend just a few more dollars for more reliable accommodations in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank brg1060
GSPRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
First of all thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments. I am so sorry that that we did not provide you a suite that you could work in without these inconveniences. After reading your review, I called the internet support to find out the status of our internet. After some more research we have found that our modems and phones needed to be inspected to ensure connectivity. In some rooms the phone cord was in the data port verses the phone port, etc. I assure you the internet is well equipped to handle our hotel’s need. We upgraded and expanded the system. We have inspected and we are currently remounting all modems in the rooms. You had mentioned other issues and we are addressing them as well. I am in the process of adding another associate to help and assist in maintenance to improve the guest experience. When you travel to Greenville again, we are here to serve and I would love the opportunity to show you that we can provide you with reliable accommodations.

ri.gspri.gm@marriott.com
Reviewed April 3, 2012 via mobile

I entered the assigned room and I thought the neighbors are in my room - I could hear them loud and clear!
Went to the desk to get a different room. Since I am eligible for free room upgrades, I also asked if I can an upgrade. Clerk asked "what kind of upgrade" ?
Not sure if he didn't want to give an upgrade or if he was just stupid, I got no upgrade.
He gave me the keys for a normal room, but the keys didn't work! I went back, no apologies from the clerk.
I opened the room and it smelled horrible!
I wanted to set the alarm clock, but it was broken. I went back to the clerk and he told me that someone will bring me a new clock. Again no apologies.
10 minutes later someone knocked on the door and handed me an alarm clock, no words accompanied that exchange.
I tried to set it, but it was the same broken alarm clock!
Went back to the clerk, again no apologies, again someone will bring a new clock.
10 minutes later I got another clock, this time working.
Other things I noticed: dirty bed sheets with blood stains, dirty closet mirror, dirty bath room. They never cleaned the bath room well. Always the horrible smell.
Will never return there again!

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Michael K
GSPRI, Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Dear Michael,

Please allow me to apologize for my associate’s behavior and your experience at our hotel. I am pretty embarrassed and ashamed right now. This is not the way we train our staff, and we failed you. I have worked here for ten years and I assure you that this not acceptable for me. I will follow up with my team members, so we can prevent these things from affecting other guest. For your bad experience and lack of service encounters, I want to offer you compensation; if you could contact me by phone or email I would appreciate it. Once again I am sincerely sorry and I do hope that when and if you travel to Greenville again, you allow us to serve you and make things right.

864-627-0001
ri.gspri.gm@marriott.com
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Met another couple here for New Years weekend. Got a great price on a 2BR suite, full kitchen and fireplace. Check-in was great, quick with high floor requests accommodated without a problem. A couple oddities...2BR suite only had 1 hair dryer, which is not the case in most Residence Inns. Also asked that room be refreshed early in the day...and was told they do them "in order." Again, not usual for Marriott properties. Breakfast WAS pretty standard, eggs, waffles, fruit, cereal, etc. Busy but rapidly refilled; kudos to the staff! Rooms were very clean, we enjoyed the fireplace, and overall would stay jere again.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank 1192011g
Nicole A, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2015
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are humbled and very glad you had a great stay. If you are ever in the Greenville, SC area I hope you will stay with us again.

Again, thank you.