“Bad place!”

Ranked #31 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
shallotte, nc
“Bad place!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have to tell you, you really need to check for another place to stay beside this one. Their staff was rude, when I asked for extra blankets I was handed a blanket with burn holes in it. The place stinks, it is run down and when I contacted the manager when I returned home she was to call me back after my conversation with her and she never did. On top of that they now will not even answer the phone! Gotta love that caller ID. WOW what customer service! I even took it to the newspapers so you can decide if it is really wirth your risk to stay at a place with people of this nature running it. Best of luck and hope you go somewhere else. don't stay there!

Room Tip: Find another Hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank robin m
Jeanne M, Manager at Sleep Inn at TD Convention Center, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
I do remember speaking with you but I do not remember any complaints regarding a blanket. I beleive that your complaint was that the hotel policy required a valid id because your credit card was unsigned. This policy is in place to insure that someone has not stolen the guests idendity. I am sorry that it took me longer than expected to return your call but I did have to speak with several members of my staff to insure that I had all the information required to address your issue. There have been tiimes that I have wished for caller id but we do not have that at this property and it could prove to be more of a hinderance to the day to day operation of the hotel .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Orangeburg, South Carolina
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Early Saturday morning around 4:20, my business partner and I was rudley awaken by several loud and forceful knocks on our room door. My business partner walked to the door to see who it was through the peep hole and to his shock it was the police. So I opened the door in confusion and hoping to gain insight only to be be disrepected by the officer. I was told that there was multiple complaints about the noise level coming from my hotel room. As i was about to ask to officer to explain what he was talking about he starts yelling at me as if i was a child and threating me. "I heard you talking!....The tv is too loud i can hear it in the hallway!! Stop talking! turn the tv off and go to sleep now!!!!"
Now as a 29 year old businessmen we really did not appreciate this treatment. I currently work at another Sleepinn and have been for over 3 years and that was unacceptable.
I asked for the manager 3 separate times and he was no where to be found.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jeremy H, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn at TD Convention Center, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Jeanne and I discussed your matter and we do apologize for your experience. The hotel can't be held responsible for what Greenville PD does or how they handle things. Jeanne would not be on site at 4 am in the morning, that is true.Upon further investigation, Basically they stated the noice was coming from your room and GPD investigated.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed July 5, 2012

If you are just passing through and need a place to sleep for the night, this place will do. I wouldn't stay here if I was spending a lot of time in Greenville, but everything was satisfactory for the 12 hours I was in town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I have stayed at this property a couple times in the past and was always satisfied. Not this time!! It has really gone downhill. The bathroom ceiling was peeling, and the shower door was hard to close and leaked. When parking gets scarce, there is usually a side door you can enter through by using your room key. It didn't work when I tried it and when when I asked they said it had been broken for a while. It would take about 10 seconds to put up a sign!!! In addition, my key card did not work when I tried to get in--I eventually found out that she had keyed it for someone elses room! And when I finally got i the room, the pillows were naked. After that, my key card NEVER worked. I had to go down to the desk 4 times throughout the stay to get it rekeyed. Of course, the woman at the desk who has never heard of the term "customer service" decided it would be a good idea to say that the only way the card would need to be rekeyed so many times was because due to MY negligence. I have never had that much trouble with a key card before. On the positive side, the housekeeping staff was friendly and accommodating, and the location was perfect for the conference I was attending at the TD Convention Center.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I definitely recommend staying here,great service and great nights sleep.

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Sleep Inn at TD Convention Center, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thanks for the great review we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Greenville. Jeanne.
California
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I would say this is one of your basic Sleep Inns in the Choice Hotel chain. Nothing special, basic Sleep Inn configuration with the old furniture style and bedding. Comfortable night's sleep and shower was good. Breakfast average with same carb overload as other Choice properties.

However, the Housekeeping staff needs some work. Carpet was a bit stained, dust in vents of bathroom, found hairs on our pillows, but the front desk was glad to give me new pillow cases.

The manager and front desk staff at this hotel are very nice and accommodating. I would stay again if I am in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Choice-MemberDiamond
North Carolina
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Our stay was moderate and the room was clean with a comfortable bed. We would stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LADYMOVER40
KCDAYSINN, Public Relations Manager at Sleep Inn at TD Convention Center, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Thank you for the good review and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit from Asheville. We have new flat screen televisions waiting for you...