“I STEPPED ON A LEGO!”

Extended Stay America - Greenville - Haywood Mall
Ranked #42 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed June 26, 2014

My son left a piece of lego on the floor which i then of course stepped directly on, As anyone with a central nervous system knows this is the most painful experience known to human kind, thank GOD the same can't be said for my stay at Extended Stay, completely painless, incredibly comfortable and alot cleaner than the language that followed after me stepping on that piece of lego! While my experience will be forever tainted by my lego based trauma I am still able to remember the hotel for its great prices, service and staff, wonderful job all around, thank you extended stay! DOWN WITH LEGO!

Room Tip: "Do not leave Lego on the floor!!"
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dandaman1904

Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is my 3rd time being here. There is no much improvement to the facility.
The staff as always, very friendly, helpful and will try to help you with everything they can do.
The food smell still can be found in the way to the rooms.
Sometimes the soap vending machine do not have soap in 1 or 2 of the 4 slots available.
The property is clean.
nice kitchen "full".
Good internet service for free (WiFi).
very nice area, near the mall and dining.
In general, you got what you paid for in first place.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Chelsea checked me in, I think she was the manager. She was very kind and accommodating... always smiling. Made the place welcoming right off the bat. She also helped me with directions since it was my first time in town. The room was a little outdated as far as the decor but very clean. The bed was so comfortable and I learned they recently replaced all their mattresses. I didn't really use the kitchen appliances but it was nice having that available and I'm sure someone staying longer would find it convenient. The breakfast was very minimal but it's free so I was just grateful for a cup of coffee and a muffin to get my day started. The other members of staff I saw in the hallways and the desk were very nice and greeted me in passing. Definitely a perk of being in the south I think. There's also no elevator at this hotel so be warned!

• Stayed: June 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greenville - Haywood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear about the excellent service and clean room you received. The team and I appreciate your positive remarks. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I just needed a place to crash for 3 days. Knowing I wouldn't be spending much time in the room, I thought this would do. The desk staff were nice, although the room was not. It was damp, smelly, and just dingy. There were stains on the walls, the sofa was filthy, the bathroom had not been cleaned and I nearly vomited when I saw little black hairs all around the sink from when a prior customer must have shaved. I was afraid of bedbugs, but have been fine so far. I did wake up the second morning with my face all red & blotchy, not sure why. Breakfast was hardly that - coffee, muffins, oatmeal, granola bars, and apples/oranges. No cold drinks. No waffles/eggs/breads/cereal. I realized after my shower that there was no hairdryer in the room (no toiletries, either, except soap) and called the front desk. The response was yes, but you need to come and get it from the front desk. This meant putting on a different shirt, trekking to the lobby, then changing out of the wet shirt, blow drying it so that it could be packed away, then drying my hair and getting dressed into my actual outfit for the day. Not good service. Would not return. There are too many other places nearby; I'm sure many are nicer.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Greenville - Haywood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the odors and the level of cleanliness in your room. I am working with the staff to improve cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Please know, while we do not offer toiletries in our guest rooms, we do have an amenity basket available at the front desk for guests to enjoy upon request. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, ghm2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed at this ESA for over a month during a renovation. The staff was excellent and I was extremely pleased w/ the cleanliness of the rooms. Prime location near shopping and various restaurants, everything is within walking distance.

Room Tip: If handicapped, please indicate so that you can receive a room on the ground floor and close to the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Chelsea B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Greenville - Haywood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Ladybug

Thank you for your review of our hotel, the Extended Stay of America in Greenville, SC. I am extremely pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Providing clean rooms and excellent service is what we strive for everytime a guest walks thru our front door. I will be sure to share your comments with my entire staff. Once again, thanks for taking the time to write a review. It is feedback like yours that provides us with the tools we need to do an exceptional job. Please visit us the next time you are in our community.

Best Regards,

Steven Spiegel
Hotel Manager

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I would like to take a minute and acknowledge two of your employees. I was confirmed to stay at your hotel on Friday, February 14th, in a studio room. When I arrived and checked in, I found the room to have an unusual smell and felt the room was not to my liking. Since I am a regular at your hotel, I found that the other rooms I have stayed in were much more appealing to the eye. I immediately called down to the front desk. Bridget was the front desk attendant who checked me in. I had found that once I checked in, her shift had ended, but she had not left the building yet. Once she heard what was happening she immediately came up to my room to ask what she can do to make my stay memorable. She then went back to the front desk and spoke with Chelsea. Bridget returned with good news that they had switched me into your model suite, room 207. When I walked into this room, I was in awe. I couldn't have asked for a better room on the most romantic night of the year. This trip was definitely a memorable one to say the least. Please take a moment and honor these two wonderful employees. It's people like them that make me come back to stay at your hotel. I think they should be awarded with a full day off with pay! lol

Thanks again Bridget, Chelsea and Extended Stay America - Haywood Mall for reminding me what you do best and that's good customer service.

Christine Tofolo
Charlotte, NC

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christine T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greenville - Haywood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Christine - Thank you for your comments. It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the service you received from our staff, especially Bridget and Chelsea. We're thrilled you had such a memorable Valentine's Day.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend and the front desk associate ,Ellis, that checked us in was absolutely great. He went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. We ran out of coffee in our room so he brought some to the room and was all around a super nice guy. Thanks Ellis!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am proud of our staff for providing you with excellent customer service and going above and beyond for you. We all truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.