“A Perfect Hotel Stay”

TownePlace Suites Greenville Haywood Mall
Ranked #33 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I stayed at this hotel as a halfway point stop trip and was completely pleased with my stay. Its a little out of the way off the exit, but easy to find. I was greeted warmly by the front desk, who greeted me by name (lucky guess!?) and offered places to have dinner and told me about the special events happening in the area. I love the lay out of townplace suites and its one of those hotels I could live in for a while. It has a full kitchen with a good size fridge, stove, and microwave. The one downside is that the internet was very slow. The room was clean and comfortable and I couldn't hear a thing from people around me. I was on the third floor next to the stairs at the building across from the pool. The breakfast was contenental,but there was muffins, fruit, yogurt and cereal which is just enough. There are a few places to eat there, but I took the food back to the room. The pool area, business room and work out area were all in good shape. I was very pleased and definitely will be back, even if its just for a weekend getaway.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Nine friends spent the night here on the hottest day in August. We had three two-bedroom suites. The rooms were immaculate, and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. We had two separate bedrooms and another whole room for the living room/dining room/kitchen.The beds were comfortable and they even supplied us with dishwashing liquid and dish washer soap. The grab and go breakfast items were fresh. They had fresh coffee and a big bowl of delicious apples at all times. It is in a quiet residential area right near the mall and lots of shopping. We easliy drove the ten-minute drive to downtown Greenville. Did I say I was hot - over 100 degrees, but the motel stayed cool, cool, cool. We would definitely go back. This is a real deal!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This place has got to be the WORST Marriott property I've ever stayed at. My husband was in town for business and I joined him for one night.....when I walked in the lobby the place smelled!! Then as I took the elevator I noticed how worn and shoddy the place looked. Before I even sat at the desk chair I had to take chlorox wipes to clean it. If it had not been so late and I was tired from driving 10 hours I would of gone to another location but I decided to stay.....I admit I did check for bedbugs (none thank god!!) . The next morning I could hardly wait to get out of there.. I have to say the bed comfort wasn't too bad...BTW my husband is not allowed to book at this property again.....He now goes to a different Marriott location.

Room Tip: shabby, and grimy with layers of dirt
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank vagabond2
LeanneRoof, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,
As the General Manager here at TownePlace Suites, Greenville, SC, it saddens me that you had such a poor experience here at our hotel. Although we are an older property, we pride ourselves on our consistently high service and cleanliness scores. I appreciate your feedback and assure you I will address the issues you mentioned. We value you and your opinion and hope that we will have an opportunity in the future to prove to you we are in fact a very clean hotel, with a staff that gives service above and beyond what you have come to expect from Marriott. Thank you for your time and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

I usually like to stay at the Residence Inn line of hotels from Marriott, but this TownePlace Suites had exceptional rates, so we tried them out. Even though the walls are thin (just like all the other TPS), everything else was top notch! The front desk staff was helpful and friendly, the rooms were clean, the beds were comfy, the breakfast was decent. The location is good too as it's right near a mall, and about 9 minutes from downtown. Since we were in Greenville on business, that was a plus. The overnight rates were really good, under $100 for a two-bedroom suite. I will return there each time I go to Greenville.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Last time we were in Greenville we stayed in another Marriott, further away from the city, because it had better reviews. So glad we tried this hotel this time. The staff is friendly. Our room was large and clean. Even though the rooms have a full kitchen, a continental breakfast of yogurt, fruit, muffins, etc is offered. The location is great, on a quiet street about 1/2 block from the Haywood Mall and only 5 min from downtown Greenville.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay here! Customer service is top notch. Breakfast is plentiful. Value was incredible. Walls were pretty thin (like most hotels) and our neighbors were noisy but that was the only complaint. Really good deal and great location. Stay here!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Spent last night here with spouse. Not the target (multi-night guest) but welcomed by front desk staff just the same. Two buildings, three floors each. Queen suits only we were told.

Our room was quite adequate for our stay. Would like two chairs at the table instead of one, however. Used kitchen to make dinner for two. Odd there was an assorted number of plates, cups, flatware, but I imagine things get broken or stolen.

Wasn't expecting breakfast, so was pleasantly surprised by oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, packaged muffins, and juice in the lobby. Stocked pantry in case you forgot anything.

Nothing really within walking distance, but plenty around if you have a car.

Would stay here again.