Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Greenville
“Perfect ICAR location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I grew up in the Greenville area and work takes me back there about once a month. As such, I have stayed at almost all of the Marriott and Hilton properties in the Area. Greenville is a great place for a number of reasons so the purpose for my visit usually helps me pick where I am going to stay.

I pick the Embassy Suites when I want it all. The breakfast crew is good and the food is carefully prepared. The Happy hour team is the same and takes time to see if there is more than can do to help. The entire staff is friendly from arrival to departure. As you would expect the rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. In fact, I got my first hand written note in months from the cleaning person that took care of my room. While I am always impressed when a staff member takes a moment to take an extra step to acknowledge my visit, I was not prepared for a real, genuine note that was more than a couple of words. It was a nice touch.

This was the first time I had time to play Golf at the Preserve and it was nice. The staff there was equally friendly and quick to answer the phone. Nice course layout.

Great value for the money and lots of room options. If your business takes you to ICAR, this is the best place to stay because it is close and convenient.

Room Tip: Pay for a premium room on the 9th Floor, it is worth the extra money. The Presidential Suite is...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank Gregory W
Bill G, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Thanks for posting your review about your last stay with us. You touched on the amenities that make Embassy Suites the perfect choice. When you talked about our service, location, the golf course, and our team, it highlights why we are the best choice in Greenville! I will find out which housekeeper left you the note and make sure she is praised for her special attention during your stay. We appreciate your kinds words and we hope to serve you again next month when you return to Greenville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

So if you want to stay on a golf course this may be your only choice. If you want as Hilton family hotel there are few choices in Greenville. There's a Hilton and a bunch of Hamptons but not a lot of options. The Embassy is not too far from the interstate. It's not right off the highway but less than 5 minutes drive.

It's a big resort complex so driving in at night can be a little tricky. Inside it's a typical Embassy with an open center and about 9 floors.

The option for a premium room is not much better. It's on a high floor but the room is exactly the same - just better coffee selections.

The lobby was very loud. In fairness they had a bunch of baseball teams saying there so that may be unusual - or they may host teams a lot. I any case you could hear the lobby noise in the living room on the 9th floor. However, it was quiet in the bedroom. A few key items -

It took a long time to get hot water to the top floor - it got there eventually so just let it run for a while.

The wifi signal was weak on the top floor.

The a/c was excellent - blew very cold air.

The desk area was good - easy to work there.

There is a lot of parking near the front entrance.

The lobby was noisy at 730 am and noisy at midnight. I'm sure there's a time when it isn't noisy but I wasn't awake for it. Again - not an issue when sleeping - but loud if you wanted a place too gather and speak.

Not that the hotel could do anything about it - but there was a rooster outside that crowed nonstop starting at sunrise.

They have a big food area - some Embassy properties are crowded but this one seemed to be able to handle the crowd with no problem. Didn't eat but the breakfast buffet looked good.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
7 Thank sbccc
Bill G, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and writing a detailed review. We not only want to be an interesting option, we want to be your option of choice! We hope when you return to Greenville you will see we took your feedback serious and your stay will be top notch.
It was good to see our team handled the teams during the breakfast hours, but we should have done a better job keeping the noise down later in the night. I will also check the Wifi on the 9th Floor. The signal should be strong in any location and I am sorry it was not for you.
Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we hope to serve you again soon.
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Speedy checkin. The staff is very couteous and always ready to answer any questions, The hotel itself sparkled. It is apparent they are very attentive to detail. Excellant meal in the restaurant and the full breakfast was phenomenal.Gorgeous golf course. Definitely a place to stop when in the area again

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

6 Thank Picard505
We are happy you had the chance to come visit us and relax. Thank you for mentioning our team and your experience. Our Desk and Housekeeping team is the best in the City and they prove it daily. They really care about our hotel and it shows.
I was happy to ready you enjoyed your Dinner and Breakfast during your stay. Our Chef and Culinary team is not your normal Hotel staff. They have great experience and take pride in every meal, and they have actually won awards around our City.
I hope you enjoyed playing our Golf Course too! We have made a lot of improvements over the last couple year and the reviews we get are all positive.
We hope you will return to Greenville soon and stay with us!
Thanks,
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were recently in Greenville for a wedding and chose to stay at the Embassy Suites Golf and Conference center. Upon arrival, the front desk staff could not have been more cheerful, friendlier, or helpful!!!! What an asset to have 3 wonderful "ambassadors" for not only the Embassy Suites but for the city too!
Our room was just right - the maid service was spot on...offering us whatever we needed. We had some friends staying there too and we utilized the outdoor pool area and bar/restaurant prior to the wedding. Great time by the pool and really, really good food.
Thanks for the enjoyable time!
Ps...we did experience a strange happening - in the shower we couldn't get any COLD water!! The commode water was also hot (steam made the toilet seat wet ... That's how I knew that water was hot!) Never had that happen before but the staff sent up an engineer and it seemed to be ok for a bit - did not ruin our stay- just showered very quickly

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
7 Thank coopergoblue
Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to write a positive review. We want every guest to feel welcome and have an enjoyable time and it is great to read about it. I will share your comments with our Desk, Housekeeping, and the Kitchen! They do a great job and it is nice to share experiences like yours with them.
If you get a chance, please contact me at the hotel. I want to make sure the issue you had was resolved.
Thanks for your time.
Middleburg Heights, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I'm not sure where to begin. The initial call to get a softball team group rate was a train wreck. Rude. I spoke to a desk manager after my initial several calls to the group rate coordinator. Bad experience. I wrote 3 letters to the hotel, and 2 corporate offices. No reply. I ended up staying there only because the rest of the team was there and I didn't want my daughter to be left out. The hotel is dirty. The rooms are in dire need of an update and cleaning. I photographed a picture of a roach outside my door. The couch and sofa bed were stained. The breakfast was decent. Only get the omelets since the scrambled eggs taste horrible and were probably from a mix. The manager's evening reception made me feel better about the whole experience. Although I do not drink alcoholic beverages, the appetizers were good and my husband enjoyed the cocktails and some beers. We were granted use of the outside pavilion but were told by another manager we had to leave ASAP because they needed to set up for an event 3 hours later. Our team spent over $13,000 staying a whole week and we all had our share of bad experiences at this hotel. I wiped out in their ice room/vending machine area. I made a report after limped my way down to the counter. Nothing was offered other than calling housekeeping. I returned the next day to make an injury report. It was then my injury was addressed and medical care was offered. I declined. I hate this hotel. I wish I could get my $800 back. It's like they stuck a dirty unkept hotel on a golf course. I do have a good review of the on site bar/grill area. The 19th Hole bar area had very good burgers, quesadillas and wraps. The bartenders were very nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
8 Thank Amy D
Bill G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, but I am sorry you feel you had a poor experience. I was surprised to read about the cleanliness issues because our hotel ranks in the top of all Embassy Suites in this area.
I apoligize that you did not receive a response to your letters. I never received any letters from your group, but I would have been happy to contact you.
I was aware of concerns with the room block, we did the best we could to accommodate.
Sorry about the confusion about the Terrace. This is our Outdoor Wedding Venue and our sales team allowed your team to use it, complimentary, while we had no events scheduled. My Sales Manager told one of the team contacts that your team would need to use the other pavilion on that day because the space was rented.
I will pass along your feeback to our Bar Team. They do a great job and I know they enjoyed your team.
I am also thankful you were not hurt when you fell.
Again, I am sorry about your stay and I hope you will contact me if you wish to discuss this further. I look forward to speaking with you.
Greenville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Meeting room was immaculate, wait staff was courteous, event coordinators were on top of their game. My flight was delayed and I was unable to get to the meeting in time to set up the necessary sign in sheets or to organize handouts, but the events team stepped up and printed things for me and contacted the other necessary people on my team to get things done in my absense. All the guests enjoyed the evening reception and the morning breakfast with made-to-order omlettes. Yum!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

6 Thank Kristina H
Thanks for sharing your comments about your stay and your meeting at the Embassy Suites in Greenville. We strive to provide an exceptional experience to every group and I see our team made a difference to you. I will share you comments at our Catering Team meeting tomorrow and our Event Team meeting on Thursday.
It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you for your next meeting!
Regards,
Fraser, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had an excellent stay for a conference. The rooms were big and clean. The shuttle service saved us renting a car. The friendly staff and helpful front desk made our stay more enjoyable. Each morning we had a great breakfast and each evening a relaxing drink with snacks. The pool area was well kept and relaxing. The setting is perfect in a wonderful area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good with great views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Rose C
Thank you for the feedback about your "Excellent Stay." Our Breakfast and Evening Reception are what makes Embassy Suites different and we appreciate you comments about them.
I am also happy you were able to use one of our pools during your stay.
Greenville is a wonderful city and we were happy to serve you. We hope you will choose us when you return!
Thanks,