“NICE HOTEL AND GREAT GOLF COURSE”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and college age son over memorial Day weekend. We love this hotel for many reasons. First, my son has his own pull out sofa that is separate from his parents. Second, the breakfast is great and included. Happy hours are nice. The service and staff are always friendly. This weekend they were packed with multiple events, but there was never a wait (except for the custom made omelets).

What really makes our stay (and we have stayed here several times), is the adjacent golf course, now called the Preserve at Verdae. The course is in great condition. I got a price that included one round of golf and my son qualified for a discount since he was in college. The course is beautiful and challenging. The staff is top notch. No ex-military attitude marshalls. They actually let me wife take a cart out and follow my son and I on the back nine for no charge.

It's an easy drive to downtown. Movie theater is very close as well.
I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Wronkolada
Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great hotel with good location on a golf course, nice rooms, amazing breakfast with more options than you could eat in a week, and a great evening reception. Can be pricey, however, and is often booked weeks in advance, but if you plan ahead and especially if you have a corporate discount, it's excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Dre325
Jeff F, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for the kudos. We appreciate the comment to book in advance-it helps us manage our inventory better! Come back, soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The major draw for this property seems to be the adjacent golf course and the conference facilities. I was there for the latter. The rooms were nice size suites and the bed very comfortable. The staff was friendly but I did not have a lot of interaction. What little I needed to take care of was done efficiently. The lobby is lovely. The restaurant is OK but not great. The free morning breakfast had a wide variety of items including made to order omelets (you can also get egg white omelets if you are dieting). The managers social was a nice touch in the afternoon with snacks (chips, nachos, etc) and free drinks. The conference rooms were good. All in all it was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Stay on one of the higher floors to avoid the noise from the lobby. The rooms are situated around a...
1  Thank WGJ49
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was just my second visit to this hotel. I was traveling on business and was able to bring my family. For $15 we upgraded our room to a "premium room" which included a Keurig coffee maker in the room, larger TV's and IPOD radios dock's in the room, free wireless internet and access to the snack bar. From the snack bar we had unlimited access to yogurt, fruit, snacks and drinks... well worth the $15. The bed was extremely comfortable and we got a good night sleep. The staff at the hotel was extremely friendly upon check in and throughout our stay. The morning breakfast seemed to have fewer items than other Embassy hotels I've stayed at however we all were satisfied with our meals. We stayed for a couple nights and the last night we had dinner at the hotel which was actually very good. We all got steaks and enjoyed them. Room was a little pricier than other hotels in the area but my the other Hilton hotels in the area did not have rooms to accommodate families. Even though a little pricier, I would probably stay at this hotel next trip to Greenville SC as it is now my favorite. I've also stayed at the nearby Hyatt Place, Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites.

2  Thank CarolinaBlue73
Jeff F, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful compliment in reference to our premium floor. We are testing this service throughout the 2nd quarter, so your reaction to our additional offerings makes a positive statement about our move as a brand. I was sorry to hear about your modest disappointment in our complimentary breakfast, as we have upgraded our offerings since your last visit. We will make sure to keep our array of food offerings fresh on a daily basis. We are all looking forward to having you and your family back with us soon!
Jeff Fuller

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference and have stayed in embassy suites before, but in different locations. This hotel was extremely clean and the rooms were spacious- I love how each suite comes with a kitchenette. The complimentary breakfast bar as well as the happy hour were both fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed having a cocktail after being in meetings all day and then catching the shuttle downtown for dinner- if I didn't eat at the restaurant in the hotel which provided a good looking menu with decent prices. The only downfall is, if we hadnt gotten a discounted company rate, the room rates were on the expensive side for me. I would stay here again though.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank MS2084
Jeff F, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for the "passion" in telling the internet how wonderful we are!!! Much appreciated by myu entire staff!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel was even more than I thought it would be. I love the open feel to it. We were traveling with several soccer teams and my daughter was able to visit with her friends without me over her shoulder due to the fact the floor plan of the hotel is so open. I could step out of my room and see all the floors, inside the elevators and down into to lobby. This felt very safe to me. The staff was very very accommodating. The breakfast was wonderful and had a great selection. The evening cocktail hour was something special that I had never gotten at any other chain.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Momoftwo0819
Jeff F, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Your kind words are much appreciated and will be shared at our next staff meeting. Compliments such as your are very motivating to all of my staff. Thank you for the time taken!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great service, facilities, and food! The complimentary cook-to-order breakfast was excellent. I love the koi ponds located in the atrium area. They have the dining tables set up around the ponds so that you can sit and eat a meal in a very relaxing environment.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Vivian B
Jeff F, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

We really do pride ourselves on a spacious atrium that allows for enough room to allow our diners to enjoy the Koi, water features and greenery alll in one setting. Thank you for telling us that you really do appreciate it all.
Jeff Fuller