Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed here in early June 2012. Our family is spread out over several states, and Greenville is a halfway point for all of us. We decided to take our kids and spend a weekend just hanging out and catching up.

I really didn't know what to expect, as I haven't stayed in an Embassy Suites in quite a few years. However, this hotel was actually pretty decent and was a great spot for what we were trying to accomplish. The best part was the outdoor patio and grassy area. We literally sat outside until about 10pm and let our 3 and 4 year olds run and play while we enjoyed some drinks. We did order food from room service and it was better than expected as well. Specifically, the brownie sundaes were a hit at 11pm!

The rooms were very clean and furnishings looked fairly new. The bedrooms do get pretty hot at night, as the AC really only blows strongly in the living room area. My only real gripe was the breakfast buffet was somewhat "meh." Not that I expected much, but it was literally swarming with people all morning and I thought the quality was just okay. I just can't get in a line and fight with people for food - total anxiety attack!

The wifi worked well in the afternoon, but basically wouldn't move at night. There were two weddings going on, and I think it was just bombarded with people. All in all, this place is a quality spot for business or personal.

2  Thank BaBaBinx
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments. Your comment will be shared at my weekly staff meeting today. Sharing the good news always helps jump start a good meeting. please come back and visit us in the near future. Jeff Fuller

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We only stayed one night. We are a family of five. Due to our demanding schedule, we were unable to golf; however, the golf course looked beautiful. The comp breakfast was great. The room was very clean and provided us ample room. Everyone at the front desk was helpful, kind and professional.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor with a golf course view. Beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We live in the area of this hotel, but to kick off a short vacation and celebration of our 25th anniversary, we took advantage of a $99 deal to stay there on July 4th even though it was only about 30 minutes from home. We were very pleased.

Jen at the front desk assigned us to a room up high (8th floor) with a great view of Greenville. This was perfect for viewing several sets of fireworks that evening. She did this without us requesting this placement. The room itself was nice with great TV's a and a large king bed in a bright room.

Breakfast, as usual was good and an enjoyable number of choices. My husband was impressed with how Benny, the cook, managed so many different dishes at once.

The manager's reception was nice, with free drinks. I do think they could beef up the finger foods offered at this, however.

We also enjoyed some time at the pool. We did notice that that border of the outside pool seemed particularly slippery. We watched a child slip a few times (but fortunately not fall) as he jumped into the pool. That should be looked into.

I believe it would also be very nice if they would offer free WiFi as so many other hotels do. I think I know why they don't (possibly because of all the non-overnight guests due to seminars, etc.) However, for a higher end hotel with nice features, I think it's time they change that policy.

Room Tip: I think the rooms on higher floors might be quieter. Request a room away from elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Visited Greenville in Sept 2011 and stayed at the Embassy Suites Golf Resort. This is the second time I have stayed here and really like this hotel.

It is convient to I-85 and downtwon Greenville with many places to eat.

Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and kind remarks about our hotel. I appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to the Embassy Suites during your next visit to Greenville. --Michael Heater

Reviewed June 22, 2012

We were there recently for a soccer event and the hotel was very nice overall. Love (stress "love") the managers reception...the adult beverages to be exact! The room was spacious... teenager had his own space and we had our room in the suite. The only complaint is the internet which should be free, especially at a hotel of this caliber. I was really disappointed about the interenet. We stayed the day we checked out at another hilton brand hotel in Johnson City, TN (checking out ETSU) and the internet was free and it was not anywhere near at "upscale" as the ES in Greenville. That should really be evaluated by the company. Also want to say that Hattie (who makes omelets) was super nice and a real assest!! Also Carolyn in the restruant was super as well!! Keep them on staff!!

Room Tip: Very comfortable beds.. super clean room!
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Have stayed here before and love the hotel...in fact planning to have my daughter's reception there in October and have reserved a block of rooms. We were there for wedding planning and were in a room on the second floor...right above a banquent room that was having a very fun time at a pre-wedding party! The music boomed to our room (and every room in that corner!). The hotel was nice and said the party was to end at 11:30. At 11:35 I called the front desk and asked again when it would end...they said guests were leaving and I asked for the music to stop PLEASE. They offered me a new room at that point but it was 11:35! I declined to move and the party did end however those rooms desparately need to be sound proofed. It was EXTREMELY LOUD!!! It is a beautiful place and that is my only complaint...something really needs to be done with those rooms.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 2nd floor above the banquent rooms - they are in the front corner over the fro...
Reviewed June 20, 2012

139.99 a night, INTERNET ACCESS AN EXTRA $10.00 A DAY. I did not see anything in this hotel that was worth that $149.99 a night. They had complimentary snacks and drinks , BUT the snacks were chips, and the drinks were so watered down, it wasnt worth the headache.The elevators werent working half the time I was there, the rooms were lacking in outlets to plug in computers, chargers, etc. The bathrooms did not have enough lighting and very small. The beds were not doubles as listed, just a little bigger than singles. Not worth the $.

Room Tip: Find a less expensive hotel, go out on the town for several days with the money you saved on the hot...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends