“Nice place for an overnight stay”

Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd.
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed overnight on way to Atlanta area. Got a king room for about 140 bucks using our AAA discount. The room was spotless with a small easy chair for relaxing. My wife found the bed to be a little hard but that could be a matter of taste. Breakfast was good with sausage, gravy, biscuits, fresh fruit, cereal, etc. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is it was a little pricey and it is in a high traffic area. We asked the staff for restaurant recommendations and were told Arizona's was a good choice. At best the restaurant was mediocre.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Robb-Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear jbjdaman,

Thank you for taking the time to let everyone on TripAdvisor know about your recent stay with us. We value all input that our guests can give us and we will certainly use your comments to better the experience of all our guests. Woodruff Road is certainly a very busy area with lots of shopping and restaurants to choose from and we will certainly keep your comments about Arizona Steak House in mind as we recommend places for our guests. Again thank you for your review and we hope to see you next time your in Greenville!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

The room was clean and the hotel seemed safe. The staff at check in and check out were helpful and courteous. I was shocked at the rate of $169.00 per night for a weeknight in the Greenville, SC area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Robb-Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Marsha E,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here on Tripadvisor. Greenville certainly has grown in the last few years and is becoming more and more of a destination for both business and leisure. Here we offer many amenities such as the hot complimentary breakfast, evening social Monday through Thursdays, as well as free high speed internet, that many guests look for when considering similarly priced properties here on Woodruff Road. We are glad you found our staff helpful and courteous during your stay and we hope to see you next time your in Greenville!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We recently booked three rooms for a family graduation weekend in Greenville at the Hampton Inn at I-385 and Woodruff Road, 10-15 minutes by car from the city center. The hotel itself is nice, clean, and pretty much as you'd expect from a Hampton. The breakfast was more than ample and coffee/other hot beverages were available all day and night. We were told that the hotel will be undergoing a renovation in the future, but the current furnishings looked very nice to me.

What was exceptional was the staff, from the clerks at check in and the management staff to the housekeeper on our floor. Everyone treated us as if we were members of their own family - beloved relatives, not the crazy old in-laws! :-) Here's a perfect example: We left a tip for our housekeeper by the soaps and shampoos after our first night as we left the room for the day. When we arrived back at the hotel later that afternoon, we found the money untouched even though the room was made up and spotless. We found the housekeeper, Shirelle, further down the hall, and she told us that she didn't take the money since we weren't in the room and hadn't left her a note to tell her the money was for her. I hope the hotel generously rewards honesty like that. I can assure you that we did!

One word of warning - the intersection of Woodruff Road and I-385 is hectic even during non-rush hour. Leave a few minutes early if you have to pass through that intersection.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a mini refrigerator and a microwave.

Dear Zinfandelover,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay and experience with our staff. Your experience with Shirelle is one that we are always glad to hear about, and we will certainly make sure she gets a copy of your comments. Everyone from management staff to the housekeeping are here to make your stay the best it can be, not just the front desk staff, and Shirelle was a very good example of that philosophy. Woodruff Road is certainly a busy road, with new stores and restaurants opening all the time, but our knowledgeable front desk staff is always available to help you find the quickest way around Greenville. Thank you again and we hope to see you the next time your travels bring you through the upstate.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Nice, well kept hotel with friendly staff. The breakfast eggs and sausage aren't as good as they used to be and the hash brown potatoes weren't very good. The room rate went up from 139.00 per night on Sunday to 169.00 per night for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Not happy about that.

Dear Fredrick J,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. Your comments help us to make every guests stay better and we will certainly pass on your message about the Hampton's new eggs and potatoes. As a growing business travel city Monday through Thursday is a high demand time for Woodruff Road so the hotel rates for our area do change a good bit between most weekends and weekdays. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

You couldn't ask for more from this Hampton Inn. Convenient to all parts of Greenville. The staff treats everyone special. A little more expensive than Hampton Inns 20 miles away/ The rooms are the quality you come to expect at Hampton and Hilton hotels!

Dear John S.

We are so glad you chose to stay with us while attending a concert in Greenville. Located on Woodruff road we are just a short trip to downtown, minutes from the airport, and on I-385 and I-85, making it a "convenient to all parts of Greenville" as you mentioned. We will certainly share your comments with our staff as it is always an encouragement when guests let us know that we made them feel special. Thank you again for reviewing us here on TripAdvisor and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

The stay was great....very friendly staff...felt at home....the room was extremely clean and facilities promised were available...thanks and hope to stay during my next visit. The location was a little far from downtown, but the taxi services arranged by the hotel were efficient.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Sajan Antony M,

We are glad to here you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our whole staff, from housekeeping to breakfast, works hard to make sure every guest feels welcome, whether it is their first time or if they have been staying regularly. Our friendly front desk staff is always available to help, and it was our pleasure to help arrange a taxi for you so you could see and enjoy our beautiful downtown. We are thankful you shared your comments on Tripadvisor so future guests also know what they can expect when staying with us. We hope to see you on your next trip to Greenville!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I loved staying at this Hampton Inn. Not only was it clean, friendly, and just a very romantic atmosphere for me and my husband, but the location is phenomenal. During the week, they offer complimentary dinner and always have a complimentary breakfast every morning. Don't forget the endless supply of coffee.
The staff is super friendly and our room was always left clean and spotless. This Hampton Inn is minutes from everything so it is PERFECT for a visit to South Carolina.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Robb-Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Dear Jennifer S,
Thank you for taking the time to let everyone here on Tripadvisor know about your recent stay with us!Guests keep coming back because they can always expect a clean room and friendly staff; we are so glad you experienced this as well. Greenville is a great city that is growing and offering business and leisure travel more and more each day. As you noted we are minutes from just about anything you may want to do in Greenville making a great place to stay while seeing the area. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!