“The manager made things right!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd.

Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd.
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
VA
“The manager made things right!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I had orginally written a review for this hotel and gave the "good and the bad". The good was the property is very clean, very comfortable rooms (I loved the huge walk in shower!), check in was a breeze (I was given my preference of room--higher floor, back side of the hotel). The staff was very nice. A good, solid Hampton property.

The "bad" was I was disturbed on a Sunday night at 9 p.m. by extremely loud music coming from the hospitality suite on the main floor (Keep in mind, I was hearing this in my room on the FIFTH floor). After a trip to the front desk and two phone calls to the front desk, I was told that the music would stop by 9:30. It did not.

Because of this, I gave the hotel an average review and mentioned the noise in a survey. Within 10 minutes of submitting the survey, I received a call from Gina, the Assistance General Manager. She had received my survey and saw my original post on Trip Advisor. She expressed concern over my stay and explained where the music was coming from (a church group was using the hospitality suite). Since she didn't consider my staff satisfactory, she offered to refund my money for the entire stay OR issue me a "Be our guest" certificate for a free night at any Hampton property! I was not expecting that when I filled out the survey but certainly appreciated it. Gina has been in contact with me personally since then to let me know the status of my certificate.

This kind of service has changed my mind about staying here again. I know without a doubt, if I have an issue, it will be fixed. You can't beat that!

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are more quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gina S, Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear ngwife2,

Thank you for your complimentary words about the Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 Woodruff Rd and our Front Desk team. Thank you also for making us aware of the noise issue you endured during your stay. Guests response to our surveys helps us to know what we are doing well and where we can improve. The 100 % Guest Satisifaction is part of our foundation as a Hampton and we must do our due diligence to make sure every guest is satisfied. When we see that you would stay with us again our job is done! Thank you once again for all your feedback and I hope to see you when you return to Greenville.

Kind regards,
Gina Stevens
Assistant General Manager
Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 Woodruff Road

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
port charlotte, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Been visiting 3 times since a friends death and have to say the staff makes it enjoyable in time of sadness! Bethany is the best and very helpful. Wouldn't stay anywhere else. See you next month! The homemade daily cookies and the "breakfast to go" bags are the bomb!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Robb-Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear David W,
Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone here on Tripadvisor about your recent stay and time with our staff. Betty is great asset to the property and many guests have come to know her by name and always enjoy seeing her on their visits. Of course the on the go breakfast and evening cookies are also very much enjoyed. We all look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Calabash, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Trip to Greenville, SC to meet with our son about wedding arrangements. Hotel was clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly. Would stay there again. Traffic terrible in that area was only problem.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Robert M, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. The staff works hard to always offer a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere for our guest to unwind and enjoy their time with us, and we are glad you found that experience on your recent stay. Traffic certainly can be busy here on Woodruff Road with all the new shopping and the wide arrange of restaurants to choose from. As always our staff is ready to help you find alternate roots or help you with any of your needs on your next stay with us!

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is one of the better Hampton Inns you will stay in. The staff is one of the best I have seen. The ameneties in the room are well thought out, and their goal is to make you comfortable. The food is excellent and there are plenty of restaurants in the immediate area. Rooms are very clean and well kept. They certainly deserve a high rating and is a great place to stay whether on business or with family.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robb-Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear ECU 1987, Thanks for taking the time to let people know about your stay at our property! Our staff takes pride in every aspect of the hotel and it shows. From our Hampton signature Cloud 9 bedding to our complimentary evening meal Monday through Thursday, it is all here to make your stay better, and we are so glad that it did. We hope to see you the next time you come through the area for leisure or business!

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

I will start with the good which is the always comfortable Hampton Inn bed and the lovely women who host the breakfast service. They are both so friendly and welcoming. I also appreciate the high quality shampoo and conditioner and spacious shower. A solid 5 stars for this.

Now for the bad...on Wednesday night I accidently left my rental car keys on the table near the front desk to make a cup of tea. I realized this in the morning and called the front desk to ask if keys had been turned in and was told no. I searched the room again, and checked the parking area to no avail. Checked again at the front desk where no extra effort was made to look for them and finally took a cab to work. I also had to ask the person behind the desk to please take my cell phone number to call me if the keys showed up, I called 3 times to check on my keys. After work I checked at the hotel and the evening shift who were back on duty located them immediately. I was luckily only out the cost of 2 cab fares. No one on the night shift left information for the day shift that a set of keys had been turned in within minutes of me misplacing them. No one on the day shift left information for the night shift to call me if the keys were found.

So...my concern is the complete lack of communication between the front desk staff when a shift change occurs. Needless to say misplacing my keys was my fault and the stressful day I had worrying about this was punishment. It frustrates me that I could have had them on Thursday morning had communication been better. A low one star rating for this.

A solution to this would be to ask guests for the license number of their car. Rental car keys have a description and tag number on them.

Green Features: Think this hotel does an excellent job of this and appreciate the effort
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
rs122713al, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Wyliegal,

We appreciate the time you took to post a review on Tripadvisor. Thank you for your kind words regarding our breakfast staff, they truly have a heart for hospitality and we are the better for having them. I want to personally apologize for the lost and found communication issue. We do have systems in place that should have prevented this from happening and we have followed up with focused training for the front desk associates, so that this will not happen again.

I encourage you to please reach out to me, so I may reimburse you for your cab fare. You may contact me at 864-449-4603 or email if you would prefer at belindad@hospitalityamerica.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regard,

Belinda DeMeo
Hampton Inn Greenville - Woodruff Road
Mauldin, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

We rented a block of rooms with Tracey for my daughter's wedding. It was very easy and the staff was extremely good to work with. All of our guests raved about the cleanliness of the rooms and the comfort if the Inn. We had gifts bags for our guests and the staff very willingly distributed these to our friends as they checked in. I highly recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: Call Tracey for large bookings
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robb-Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Susan M.
Thanks for letting us know about the small part we played in your special event. There is a lot that goes into a wedding and we are glad Traci was able to help you with lodging for your guests. There are many things to worry about with a wedding and the hotel shouldn't be one. Traci does a great job with groups such as weddings and sports teams and we will certainly pass this on to her. Thank you again for choosing us as the hotel for your guests and we hope to serve you again in the future!

Morgantown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

We love staying at Hampton Inn. It is always comfortable and inviting. The beds are always comfy and I fall asleep quickly. The convenience of breakfast right on site is always a plus as well. The convenience of the parking lot to any entrance is good as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Rebecca T,
Thank you for letting the TripAdvisor community know about your recent stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed our on the house breakfast and Hampton's Cloud Nine bedding. These are just some of the amenities that make Hampton such a great brand and our property a "great place to stay". We hope to see you next time your travels bring you through the Greenville area!