“Hampton Inn - I-385 Woodruff Rd”

Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd.
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mt. Airy, MD, United States
“Hampton Inn - I-385 Woodruff Rd”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

This hotel is one of the very best we have ever stayed at. The staff is excellent and well skilled. We have stayed here many times, and recommend it highly. The rooms were clean and well furnished. The staff is helpful and has always treated us well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Robb-Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville I-385 - Woodruff Rd., responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Krisitne W.

Thank you for your review. We will certainly share your comments with our staff and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Gainesville, v
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

We have stayed at Hampton Inns all over the US and this is one of the best we have been in. Not only is it at the top of Hamptons it has a wonderful location near Whole Foods, REI, Trader Joe's, Cracker Barrel, and Starbucks. In other words, all civilization at the travelers' beck and call.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Seymour S.

Thanks for taking the time to let people know about your stay at our property! We certainly are near all the major chain shopping and restauraunts in the area, with a new Cabela's openning up as well! Also we are just 5 miles from downtown with such locations as The Bon Secour Health Arena (formerly the Bi-Lo Center) and the Peace Center. Thankj you again and we hope to see you soon!

St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Conveniently located to both I-385 and I-85, but not right on Woodruff Road so no noise issues. Staff was very helpful and seemed to want to be sure all went right with my stay. Plenty of restaurant options nearby and the dinner served at the hotel nightly was a great option on a night when no one wanted to spend time going out to eat.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Dear MaxSam1978,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the tripadvisor community. Ws always try to make every guests stay the best possible and we are glad you experienced that level of hospitality during your stay. Our convenient locations to both I-85 and I-385 make us a great central location when visiting on business or leisure. While many guests prefer our complimentary meals, the variety of restauraunts in the area is especially welcome for longer staying guests. I thank you again and hope your travels bring you back to the upstate soon!

Guest Servie Manager
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

As a frequent business traveler, I appreciate the cleanliness, ease of access to neighboring restaurants, the complimentary breakfast, the free parking and the free internet access of this Hampton Inn. The staff is courteous and efficient - check in and check out is very easy.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Deborah Lynn Z.

Your review was very detailed and appreciated. We understand that for the business traveler consistency is a high priority in choice of a hotel. Balanced with the consistency of our clean rooms, helpful staff, and our complimentary ammenities; there is a variety of restauraunts to choose from in the area in addition to our daily complimentary breakfast and evening social Monday thru Thursday. We hope your travels bring you back to our property soon!

Great Falls, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed here December 23-26 because we were celebrating Christmas with family in Greenville. We were so pleased with the night desk clerk, I believe her name was Angela, but I apologize if that's incorrect, I didn't write it down. In any case, we called from the road and asked if we could get an extra refrigerator put in our room since we had brought a lot of food for the holiday with us and we were arriving late. When we got there, although she had been alone at the desk, she had put the second refrigerator in our room and hooked it up so it was cool when we arrived. This was very much appreciated. Other desk clerks were also very nice and professional.

While the room looked clean, there was soap left in the soap dishes on the sink and in the shower from the previous occupant! Then, the next day, we left the room late morning, but when we returned that night the room had not been serviced at all.

The breakfast bar the next morning was adequate and typical of this type of included breakfast, but not appetizing. On our last morning we wanted to get breakfast we could take on the road with us, so we got coffee and a bagel. Got in the car took a bite of the bagel and it was stale. I'm not very impressed with this place and it's a shame because it's a very convenient location for us when we visit family there. If they can get their act together I would be willing to give it another try.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Greenville, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

My default hotel is Hampton Inn. This one was not up to par with me previous HI experiences. Due to location I will probable return, but will consider other choices. Consider carefully! Location is difficult; service is average.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

We highly recommend this hotel. Staff are there to help with anything that you need. Upon checking into our room the a/c was very loud to the point that it hurt your ears but the staff moved us quickly to another room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Carla B.

Thanks for letting us know about your stay. Our staff does everything they possibly can to meet or exceed guest expectations and we are glad that we a succeeding at this goal. I am sorry to hear about your problem with the A/C but thankfully you brought it to our attention and we were able to resolve the issue for your. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you on your next trip to Greenville!